Tinkerbelle

It was a fairy, one without wings, Tinkerbell. I had read so much about her in my fairytale book. She was a lot taller than I thought she would be. “Excuse me, who are you?” she said and looked strange at me. “I’m Melissa. Pan is after me. I had to find a place I could hide.” I said and looked down. She started to walk towards me, and suddenly she stopped. “Pan…” she started and looked down. She looked up on me again. “Pan is a very dangerous boy.” She said. “I agree.” I said and looked at her. “Do you mind if I stay here for a while?” I asked. “No problem, just stay as long as you want.” She said and smiled at me. “Thank you! Thank you so much! It’s just weird to be in Baes cave. Have you heard about him?” I asked. “Yes, of course I have.” She answered.

It was very quiet for a long time. When Tink was about to leave, I asked her “How did you lose your wings?” She turned around and looked at me like it was abusive. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.” I said and looked down. “It’s okay. It’s that humans do right? Ask for everything. I haven’t really thought about it in a really long time, but I will tell you.” She answered. “I just have to eat something first.” She said and turned around and soon she was gone.

I walked around in the little tree house. She didn’t have many things there, just a bed and some flowers. I sat down on the bed. I wondered what fairies like her did, without their wings. They couldn’t fly, they couldn’t help anyone, and they couldn’t even enjoy the view from the sky! She must feel lonely, just like me.

About an hour later Tink was back. “Hi, Mel.” She said and smiled. “Hi, Tink.” I said and smiled back. She walked to me, and sat down beside me. “Do you still want to hear about my wings?” she said and looked at me. “Of course!” I said and almost stared at her. “When I was a couple of years younger, I thought I helped someone, but instead, I broke the rules. I was just a kid.” She said and held her tears back. “Can’t you ever get them back?” I asked and almost started crying too. “I don’t know. I don’t believe that anymore, I don’t believe in myself.” She said and just stared at a place in the room. “I believe in you, Tink.” I said. She looked up at me. We smiled to each other. “I’m sure you’re going to get your wings back.” I said.