[17]

"so, daddy huh?"

"it just came out in the moment, i didn't know what i was saying."

"mhm, sure."

"you seemed to like it."

josh shrugged, not denying tyler's accusation. tyler gasped and quietly giggled as he rolled over onto his side and cuddled into josh. the red head wrapped his arms around tyler's torso and pulled him closer, peppering kisses across his face. the younger of the two laughed at the action, squirming as his face tickled.

"daddy," josh whispered, teasing tyler as he huffed and scooted away.

"let it go!" (don't fucking do it i s2g)

"but it was hot!"

"sorry to burst your bubble but it's not going to happen again," tyler sighed and turned away from josh, laying on his side with his back pressed against josh's chest.

"why don't i believe you?"

"give it up already!"

"okay, fine, i'll let it slide this time. if it happens again though you'll never hear the end of it."

"well good thing it won't happen," tyler smiled.

☆ミ

josh had gone before debby's shift ended, not wanting her to become suspicious of how much time he was spending with tyler. he was in the shower when she came home because he was worried the scent of tyler's cologne would stick with him.

the door to the bathroom opened and debby walked in with a large grin plastered on her face, her hands behind her back as she faced the shower.

"hey babe, can i ask a question?" she spoke as josh turned to look at her through the glass door, his hair covered in suds as he rinsed the shampoo out.

"of course."

"who is tyler and why is she sending you pictures of her in underwear?" (tyler is a gender neutral name okay)

josh stopped his motions, his face draining of its color as he observed the way debby stood with her hands behind her back and her foot tapping in frustration on the tile floor.

"i, uh- what do you mean?" he chuckled, turning away to grab the soap as he washed his body down as an excuse to not have to face his girlfriend.

"you got a text from your mom and i responded for you but as i was closing out of messages i noticed that you received a flirtatious text from a girl named tyler so i was curious and then i saw that she sent that picture with it!" debby explained, her voice trying to sound confident but josh saw right through it. he heard the way her voice trembled and he noticed the infrequent sniffling, he knew how to tell when she was upset. "are- are those scratches on your back?"

"as much as it hurts me to say this, i'm not going to lie to you. i've been cheating on you," josh spoke as he turned the water off and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist while he heard a choked sob escape debby's lips.

"h-how long have y-you been w-with h-her?" she hiccuped, not having the courage to look at josh.

"not very long. but tyler is, um- tyler isn't a girl."

"oh my god. oh my fucking god," debby gasped as the realization hit her that this 'tyler' was their neighbor. their neighbor that she thought of as a friend. their neighbor who she had gone shopping with just hours before; right before the text was sent. "are you gay?"

"no- i don't know," josh mumbled, running his hand through his bright red hair in frustration. "it was my idea, he didn't want to do it at first. he didn't want you to get hurt. if you're going to be upset at anyone please be upset at me, it's my fault."

"i don't even know what to say," she whispered. "i'm going to need some time to think."

"take as much time as you need. i'm really sorry. i love you." josh watched as debby nodded and walked out of the bathroom without another word. a few minutes passed and he heard the front door open and close followed by the sound of a car leaving the driveway.

"fuck!" josh yelled, balling his hand into a fist. he couldn't control his anger towards himself and before he realized what was happening his fist was through the wall and his knuckles were bleeding from the impact.

•••
a/n

ooooohhhhhh drama!!!

i hope you guys had a great valentine's day!!!

my day was actually pretty good :)) i submitted a poem that i wrote to a publisher and i'm really excited about that!!

and i was sitting in chemistry waiting for class to start and my really cute (lesbian) friend walked in and she sits next to me and she gives me this huge smile and hands me this lil valentine's card that she colored in for spanish class and at the top she wrote "te amo" and it was really cute and she said she made it just for me and i was dying bc i've never had anything like this happen!!!

i've had a good few days and i hope you do too!!
-carina