[2]

tyler: hey mel can you do me a favor?

melanie: ye sure what do you need

tyler: can you please drive me to a ditch in the middle of nowhere and leave me there

melanie: tyler what'd you do

tyler: can't a guy just want to be left in a ditch without people assuming they did something wrong?????

melanie: i will figure out what happened if it's the last thing i will ever do

tyler: ffs fine

tyler: i may or may not have made a complete fool of myself in front of josh

melanie: who that

tyler: my hot neighbor

melanie: the one you've been watching for the past month

tyler: ...yeah

melanie: you're a fucking idiot why am i friends with you

melanie: what happened though???

tyler: come over, it's a long story

ミ☆

"wait- you fucking fell over the fence into his lawn?" melanie sputtered out in between loud laughs. "and then he gave you his number? this is gold tyler, fucking gold."

"i get it, can we move on now?"

"fuck no, you're gonna text him right now to ask if you can go swimming, don't forget to ask if you can bring a friend."

"fucking unbelievable," tyler mumbled as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened up his conversation with josh.

tyler: hey, it's tyler

josh: hey dude, what's up?

tyler: i wanted to know if it would be okay with you if i came over to swim right now with a friend

josh: yeah, of course! see you in a bit i guess ;)

"melanie he just sent a winky face, what does that mean?" tyler panicked, sending melanie a worried look as she erupted into more giggles.

"don't look into it too much, it was probably just a friendly gesture. c'mon let's just get ready."

ミ☆

"is that the only bathing suit you brought?" tyler whined and melanie furrowed her eyebrows in offense. "i don't mean it in a bad way, it's just- what if he's straight? you look really hot in that, and that's coming from a gay guy."

"thanks? don't worry though, if he tries anything i'll just tell him that i like tits, that normally shuts them right up," melanie smiled as her and tyler locked the front door behind them and made their short trek to josh's house.

they walked up the front steps and stood there in silence before tyler spoke up. "can we turn back? i've changed my mind, i don't need to-"

"too late!" melanie chirped, ringing the doorbell with a teasing look on her face. tyler was about to run away but he had no choice but to stay as he heard the door open.

"tyler, nice to see you again today!" josh greeted, surprising tyler as he pulled him in for a brief hug. "and you are.."

"melanie, nice to meet you," the girl responded, holding her hand out for josh to shake.

"i'll show you guys to the pool," josh spoke as he maneuvered his way through the house and to the patio with the two guests following closely behind him.

"holy shit, tyler didn't tell me it was this nice," melanie gasped as she put her belongings on the table before running up to the pool and jumping in. "holy fuck, it's warm too. tyler you need to come in."

"i- yeah, i'll join you soon," tyler coughed, suddenly becoming hyper-aware of josh's eyes on him as he placed his stuff next to melanie's before weakly chuckling. "i just gotta take my shirt off, won't be too long."

josh shrugged off tyler's awkward comment, taking his own shirt off and throwing it on the ground as he joined melanie in the water. tyler slowly rid himself of his shirt, self consciously crossing his arms over his stomach as he walked to the edge and sat down, letting his feet dangle in the water below.

"so are you two dating?" josh questioned, watching in confusion as melanie burst into laughter.

"no- oh my god- that's hilarious. we're both gay as fuck," melanie giggled, glancing at tyler who had a horrified look on his face. "what about you, josh?"

"what about me?"

"anyone special in your life?" melanie asked, wiggling her eyebrows for emphasis.

"yeah, i have a girlfriend. i live with her here but she's studying abroad for college so she's been gone for a few months," josh sighed and grinned at the thought of the girl he loved. "she's coming back in a few days though."

"that's awesome! if she's in college, how old are you?"

"i'm 25, she's in her last year of college so it's not a huge age gap, only 3 years." josh told them, earning a small 'ah' from melanie. "how old are you guys?"

"mel and i are both 20," tyler informed as he slowly slipped his body into the water, ducking his head underneath to get used to the temperature.

he was taken off guard by melanie as she snuck up behind him and positioned herself on his back, latching her arms and legs around his body.

"hey josh, do you have water guns?"