[9]

tyler: do you know a boy that i can borrow for a few hours?

melanie: what the fuck

tyler: that sounded bad wait

tyler: do you know a boy that would be willing to be my fake boyfriend for a few hours?

melanie: i'm not even gonna ask,, but yeah i have a few people in mind

melanie: any criteria you want them to meet?

tyler: idk just general boyfriend material????? just work your magic and be at my place by 6

☆ミ

melanie was never one to disappoint so tyler was not surprised when she showed up at his house at exactly 6 o'clock with an attractive boy by her side.

"tyler, this is brendon. brendon, this is tyler," melanie introduced the two, gesturing between them as she said their names. brendon was around tyler's height and his hair was dark and fluffy. he was dressed casually in a white t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans with black glasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

"hey boyfriend," brendon chucked as he brought tyler into a tight hug, startling the brunette.

"i'm gonna go so you can get to know each other, and make sure your relationship has a backstory and everything!" melanie instructed the two, waving goodbye as she shut the door behind her.

"so, tyler, why exactly do you need a boyfriend for the night?" brendon asked as he followed tyler up the stairs to his room since he still needed to get ready.

"so i've been helping my neighbor josh experiment with me since he's confused with his sexuality but there's a slight problem with that because he has a girlfriend," tyler informed as he sorted through his clothes. he pulled out a plain black shirt and black skinny jeans, checking with brendon that it would be okay if he got changed in front of him. "anyways, today he gave me all of these hickies but debby came home before i could leave and she saw them so she asked if i was dating anyone and of course i panicked and said yes."

"makes sense," brendon nodded and looked away to give tyler some privacy. "okay babe, how did we meet?"

"we can just say that melanie introduced us, that is the truth after all."

"sounds good to me. are we gonna try to make this josh kid jealous too?"

"no, he doesn't have feelings for me," tyler shrugged and tapped brendon's shoulder to tell him he could look.

the two spent the next 45 minutes asking random questions and getting to know each other, wanting to make their 'relationship' as believable as possible. by the time it was 7 they were confident that it would work and they made their way to josh's house.

they walked up the front steps and right before tyler knocked on the door he stopped, grabbing brendon's arm and wrapping it around his shoulders.

"gotta look like a real couple," tyler shrugged as he turned back to the door and knocked. they waited a few seconds before josh opened the door and gave them a forced smile. debby came jogging into the front hall and hugged tyler, shaking brendon's hand after.