Chapter 43

Next morning when Virat woke up he found the bed next to him empty. Ditya was not in the washroom closet or balcony. He came down stairs and found kaki.
V: Morning kaki. Where is Diti?

Kaki: good morning beta. She is in the gym.

Kaki replied with affection. 

He turned towards the gym which was in the basement. He can here the faint music coming out from the gym. He found her working out on the cross trainer. He observed her from tip to toe. Her body was looking perfect in those gym cloths. For once he thought why even she needs the gym. He walked up to her.

V: Good morning Wife. What are you up to?

D: Good morning Husband and I am making pan cakes. What dose a normal person do in the gym. Waise I hope you will not mind me using your gym considering how possessive you are for your gym.

She said without stopping what she was doing.

V: have you lost it. This house belongs to you and you have all the rights on every thing in this house. And I asked because looking at your body you don’t need the gym.

Ditya blushed a little hearing that.

D: Anyways why are you up so early and what brings you here.

She said stepping down the cross trainer and wiping her sweaty neck with towel. For once Virat’s mind could not concentrate on his purpose of looking for her.

D: bolo bhi??

She said practically dragging him out of gym and taking him towards the living room upstairs. 

V: wo actually you were so happy about my captaincy last night that I didn’t had the heart to tell you.

D:tell me what Veer?

She said gulping down a glass of water.

V: I am going for a series in next 7 days for 1 whole entire month.

He said with a hint of guilt on his face.  He has promised her to spend some time with her after marriage he even had planed his honeymoon. He has even decided that he would skip this series which he has never done in past but for her he will.  Now the things have changed he is not just a player he is the captain he just can’t skip any match.

She chocked on the water. It took her few seconds to regain her composure. She was aware this was about to happen she was smart enough to calculate the intensity of the situation.

On not getting a response for her Virat continued.

V: Diti I know I promised and all but I am sorry. All this happened so unexpectedly. I know I owe you this time but…

D: shhh!! (She placed her finger on his lips) Virat you know what? I understand how important is this. I know the millions of hopes and trust is way more important than our holiday. And we have a life time to spend together the holiday can wait. Virat I know how much you respect your game and this nation and this is going on nation duty. Go for it without any regrets because nothing makes me happy like seeing you playing for our country and that smile on your face after the win.

She again did it. She just understood every thing. She made it all simple and easy. And all Virat left was with amusement. She I one gem of a person. He made a mental note. “ I WILL KEEP HER HAPPY ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE SHE DESERVES ALL OF IT”

All he could do was kiss her forehead and murmured a quick “thank you”.

D: now come on lets have breakfast I know you must have practice.