Chapter 55

20 days went in blur for all of them. They had time of there life. They visited every possible destination of country Vietnam.  They came back to India and the regular life took over. All of them got involved and busy in there life. For Virat it was back to back games of cricket which occupied his time and for Ditya it was her work and her business commitments.

7 months later

V: Diti listen to me for once will you?

Virat said holding his phone tightly out of frustration. He was trying to convince his wife for something since last 15 min.

D: Virat I said na I am fine. There is no need.

V: need hai. You should visit them it almost an year you have not visited them.

D: but vira..

V: you are taking a flight to Delhi not Mumbai from London. You get it?

D: ok if you say so.

Virat finally convinced her to visit her parents. Currently he was busy with series against Australia  and Ditya was in London for some work. 

V: plus I don’t want you to be alone on our first anniversary. Diti I am really sorry about this.

He said with utter disappointment and guilt in his voice.

D: oh ho not again. You have said sorry for so many times already. Its ok Virat. You are not doing it on purpose I know and I understand your responsibilities towards the nation and team.

V: yeah but I have my responsibilities towards you as well on which I suck, big time. I am such a bad husband.

D: no you are not infact you are best husband one can ever ask for and your hotness is cherry on top. So you see I am a lucky. And for anniversary you have given me so much happiness in last one year that I can forgive you for not being there on our anniversary. So stop being sorry.

V: you are just so good with words I can never win from you.

D: why do you even try mister?

2 days later Ditya reached Delhi. She was lazily lying in her room as her mind was completely distracted by the heavy injury Virat suffered. When she got married to Virat she knew where she was landing herself. He with his career can never be a normal husband. She has to live in that constant pressure of him getting hurt or him not giving her proper attention. She was never worried about the same as she has made a conscious decision but nothing in the world can stop her from worrying about him right now.

Her mom walked into her room

Mom: Diti bacche stop worrying so much. You know he is strong and he is a fighter.

In search of some peace she placed her head in her mothers lap.

D: I know mom. I know he is strong but I also know that he will keep the country first. He will not let the pain be the reason for him to stop playing for his country and team when they need them the most.

Mom: I know beta. But have faith in god and have faith in him. He is gone for the diagnostic na. All will be fine.

D: I just hope so mom.

Her mother kept creasing her head.

Mom: beta there is something else I want to talk to you about.

D: yes mom tell me.

Mom: bacche I know you don’t want to talk about it but just one bad chapter is not end of the book. I know that miscarriage has shaken you and Virat but that doesn’t mean you guys can’t be good parents or can’t have a family.

D: mom to be honest I am scared what if we will not be able to take care of our kids. What if we will fail as a parent. How our kids will take his absence while growing up? What will happen to the company. How I will manage kids home & business all at once. These thoughts scars me mom.

Mom: Diti I know we might not have set a great example as a parents but looking at you both and from my experience I know that you both will be the best parents in the world and your kids will be blessed to have you both.

D: really mom?

Mom: beta no matter what you have always been perfect. A perfect daughter, a perfect student, a perfect friend, perfect business woman and today look at you, you are more than a perfect wife. Look in to Virat’s eyes how proud he is to have you, how happy he is with the way you take care of him our home and business. And beta in this journey of been a parents I know he will prove himself to be the best partner.

D: But mom we have our own challenges we have our own careers and his is so different then others? I mean…

Mom: I know beta but I also know that you both are the two most strong people I have ever known and together you both can do wonders. And Virat… he will prove himself to be the best family man one day.

That gave rest to lots of random question going on in Ditya’s mind.

D: yes mom hopefully. Someday.

And with that she drifted of to sleep.

She spend the next day with her parents. After the dinner as she went to her room her phone rang and it was Virat.