Chapter 21

Ditya’s POV

Next morning mahi bhai and sakshi picked me up from my house. I chose to ware an off white anarkali dress. As we all reached the airport we clicked lots of pictures some for media and cameras and some for ourselves. All of us were really excited about this wedding. We all were in our happiest moods. I missed virat in fact we all missed him and the entire team but we knew the importance of what they are doing right now.

We all reached Chandigarh in 3 hours and reached the hotel booked for the ceremonies

We all reached Chandigarh in 3 hours and reached the hotel booked for the ceremonies. There gona be 4 ceremonies. Haldi, mehndi, sangeet, the wedding followed by a reception in Delhi. Tomorrow is first ritual the haldi ceremony. We all got settled in our rooms and decided to take some rest as we will not get much time from tomorrow onwards till the wedding ends.

I was watching the match. India just started to bat and the fall of the wicket and there he comes. Dressed in all white. His face has a different expression unlike he keeps off field. He is a different person all together. His face was reflecting firmness, confidence, passion and aggression. I saw him playing shots after shots effortlessly. He completed his half century and then century. He just took his helmet of and thanked his mom dad i was so sure about this. And then he raised his bat towards the 20 thousand people watching him playing in the stadium. He just smiled a bit and continued playing his magnificent innings. He was 147* at the stumps. 

After the match i decided to take a nap and i over slept. I woke up by a call from sakshi to join them for dinner. I went down uninterested and sleepy. Just had quick dinner and came back to my room. I was way to tired for anything. As soon as i came to my room i got a text from Virat. I noticed he had called me twice.

V: hope you have reached safe. Enjoy to the fullest. Take care of yourself and call me if possible and if you get some time. Did i mentioned you look pretty in Indian dresses as well.

I blushed at his comment. But wait how come he know? He must have seen the pictures. Of curs. They are all over the internet and tv right now.

Instead of typing a reply  i called him.

V: oh! Someone finally remembers me. I am blessed

D: nothing like that. And well played caption. Very proud of you.

V: thanks. So how’s everything going?

D: all good. Everyone is missing you guys.

V: same here. We will try to be there for the wedding.

D: yeah just score a double ton for me please.

I rather ordered.

V: your wish my command madam.

D: ok now go to sleep you have a double ton to score tomorrow. 

V: Good night. Take care.