Chapter 37

Filler chapter dos! I'm sorry they're kinda short. I hope the next chapter will make up for that but please just don't lose hope on this okay. I've been struggling with work and life at the moment (NOT a sob story here. Just informing you guys) so this has had to take a backseat a little.

Anyway Hope you enjoy :)

Lots of Loki love from me

- Z xx

Thor halted his horse just in front of the Bifrost. He jumped down from the steed, hammer close to his side. Laila was on the back of the horse. She had remained silent during their journey to the bifrost. She couldn’t permit herself to speak as she believed she would only cry if she did. The worrying thought that she may have seen Loki for the last time, plagued her mind. She had to force herself to remain positive; to believe in Loki and his abilities to stop his father and win the war. Only then could she return to him. With a sigh she took Thor outstretched hand and slid down off the horse’s back. They made their way to the entrance of the Bifrost. Laila examined her surroundings. Although she had been here before, she had never had chance to take in the sight that stood before her. Entering the golden dome-shaped portal, Laila gasped quietly to herself, all memories and terrors only temporarily pushed to the back of her mind. The dome before her took her breath away. Clock shaped circles decorated the inner walls and shimmered as the Asgardian magic surged through them. The floor itself reflected her image almost as if it was a mirror. Looking straight ahead, Laila noticed Thor discussing some details with a figure. They had a tall and muscular frame much like Thor’s. He held his posture proud. His eyes gleamed gold, like the walls of the dome in which he protected. Within his fists he held a glimmering sword; patterned with golden runes upon a white handle and silver blade. Laila approached the man with caution. Thor noticed her and smiled reassuringly, stretching his hand out to her.

“Laila this is Heimdall; Gatekeeper of Asgard.” Thor introduced. Laila smiled timidly, giving him an appropriate curtsy. Heimdall smiled at her, his eyes flashing knowingly.

“So this is the child which accompanied you on your travels to save Master Loki. I believe you are his companion now and that you achieved the Eternity Bond, correct?” He question. Laila nodded.

“Y...Yes I am and I think so.” She replied. Heimdall nodded almost in approval of this news. He turned to the skies that revealed themselves to him in the vast space of the World’s Tree; their dusts swirling about the darkness of the universe, telling him of the conditions of the other realms. He smiled.

“You will be well for him. I can see you two going far into the future child.” He stated, mysteriously. Laila raised an eyebrow.

“Can you see into the future?” She asked curiously. Heimdall shook his head, his gaze returning its attention to her.

“I speak not of the knowledge of what the future holds but of the knowledge of the people that inhabit this realm. I know Loki. I can sense his determination to finish this war which would consequently return you to him.” Heimdall paused, smiling softly. “He misses you princess.” He said gently. Laila laughed sadly.

“I miss him too.” She admitted. It was at this point that Thor intervened, stepping forward to return them to the matters at hand.

“Heimdall we must hurry. I suspect you know why we are here and Loki tells me we will not have much time before-” at this point Heimdall’s head shot up and turned around. He could sense the presence of unwanted guests. Thor was instantly on alert at Heimdall’s reaction.

“Get her to the gateway. NOW!” He ordered as he spotted numerous frost giants thundering across the rainbow bridge. Thor nodded quickly and grabbed hold of Laila’s wrist, ushering her to where the portal would transport her to Midgard. Laila began to panic. It was all happening too fast. She wasn’t ready to leave just yet. She had so much she wanted to say to Thor. The frost giants had now approached the entrance to the Bifrost. Heimdall was doing everything in his power to keep them at bay, striking their sea-blue bodies with the tip of his spear. Thor would have to join him soon. They needed to keep her safe. Thor grabbed her by the shoulders. He was speaking to her. Shouting at her. She needed to focus.

“Laila! LAILA! Listen to me. I’m sorry we had to part on such unforeseen circumstances but it is time you left. Time for you to be safe. I know it’s hard but remember who you’re doing it for. He’s waiting for you Laila. He’ll always be waiting. We’ll see you very soon princess.” Thor spoke hurriedly. Laila nodded, tears falling over her cheeks. Thor kissed her on the forehead in a reassuring gesture before separating from her. Laila’s eyes widened as she remembered something. Swiftly she slipped the bracelet from off of her wrist and handed it to Thor.

“Give him this. Please. Just in case I don’t see him again.” She asked of him. Thor nodded. “Oh! Thor-” Laila tried to speak again but it was too late. Heimdall had slammed the sword into its holder that stood in the centre of the dome. Bright streaks of white and gold light surrounded her and blinded her vision. She felt her body being pulled, the scene in front of her becoming smaller and smaller until the golden dome was no more than an image committed to memory...

Okay so I hope you like it. Main bulk coming asap. Stay with me guys. I really appreciate how much you've stuck with this book.

Much love

- Z xx