Chapter 25

HELLO WONDERFUL PEOPLE! OMG SO YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! Over 1K reads for this! It's just incredible. Urgh I cannot express how much I love you lot. You're the reason I keep posting because you deliver such lovely feedback and enthusiasm for the story. So yes very emotional over here. I'll leave you guys to read this. Personally one of my favourite chapters. Hope you enjoy!

Lots and LOTS of Loki love from me!

- Z xx

The brothers both appeared at the entrance of the palace. Loki instantly recognised the courtyard where he had been hours earlier. He scanned the area, desperately trying to find Laila. Thor had walked ahead and was now stood in the far corner against a pillar. He turned around to face Loki and a grin spread across his face before he stepped aside. A gasp escaped Loki’s lips before he could stop it. So it was true. Laila covered her mouth to stop herself from bursting into tears as she saw Loki standing there. She couldn’t bear to be away from him for a second longer . Breaking into a sprint, she began to make up the ground between them. Loki had begun to run too. Once they were close enough, Laila flung herself into Loki’s arms. Emotions took over as she felt a wave of relief flow through her; producing a new set of tears. As Laila wept into his shoulder, Loki pulled her closer into his chest and rested his head on top of hers. He had been longing for this moment. Ever since he had seen the life leave her eyes, all he wanted was for her to be in his arms again. He shushed Laila gently and as reassuringly as he could without accidentally bursting into tears himself.

“Shh Laila. It’s okay now. You’re safe. I’ll never let you go again.” He whispered to her again and again. Laila’s breathing began to slow as she calmed herself. She untangled herself from Loki’s embrace and looked up at his chiselled face. Loki felt her movement and looked into her eyes. He could feel his own begin to well up,

“I thought you had gone for good. I thought I’d lost you.” Loki choked. Laila smiled as she wiped a tear that had begun to run down his cheek.

“You could never lose me. Forever and always, remember?” She reassured. Loki bowed his head and turned away from Laila

“It was my fault. I could have saved you. I could have prevented it. But i didn’t. You died because I was weak; a coward. I’m so sorry.” Loki began to blame himself. Laila’s face softened. Placing a hand on his cheek she slowly turned Loki back to face her. As Loki stood before her, she examined his face. His eyes were no longer bright and full of hope; they had been dulled by the lies and horror of his past. His lips were cracked and dry. His once sleek, jet black hair had now grown into a ragged mess. Laila didn’t know what to say to him to make it better. He had been through so much. She didn’t know where to begin. She ran the back of her hand down the side of his face before bringing it closer to hers until their lips found one another’s. For Loki, this was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. Her lips were warm compared to his. Laila pressed her body closer to his. All she could hear was the beating of his heart; his pure heart. Not one that had been corrupted and damaged by the frost giants and the hatred they had dealt. As they kissed, Laila ran her hands through Loki’s hair. Loki moaned with pleasure. It had been so long since he had been able to hold Laila like this; to feel the warmth of her breath and to see the brightness of her eyes. Eventually they broke apart; both slightly breathless. Loki gave Laila a smirk.

“What was that for?” He asked playfully. Laila chuckled quietly

“You’re such an idiot Loki.” She giggled before kissing him again. After the kiss she took his hands in hers, “Don’t blame yourself for what happened. That’s in the past. All that matters now is that we’re back together.” She encouraged. Loki nodded and grinned at her. Thor, who was almost welling up at the scene he had just witnessed, snapped his head up. He could hear a shrill ringing. It was coming from the palace. Loki’s empty cell must have been discovered. He swiftly hurried over to Loki and Laila who were laughing with each other.