Chapter 10

Here's Chapter 10 people! Hope you enjoy!. It's only a short one but I love it :D Hope you will too. I realise that I'm becoming increasingly cringey in these comment thingys. I'm afraid you'll have to deal with that XD I was also thinking, just out of interest, if you were to give Loki and Laila a shipping name, what would it be? Okay well I shall go before you lot die of boredom.

Lots of Loki love from me!

- Z xx

OOH! DON'T STAY A SILENT READER! Like it says in my 'About Me' part. I need your opinions as much as Tom Hiddleston needs his pudding.

Okay as you were.

Odin gathered all the people into the assembly rooms once again. The people whispered excitingly as they waited for their King. Odin began to walk towards the podium at the front of the room. He felt a warmness grow inside him as he admired his people. They all cared so much about his family and it meant a lot to him. As he reached the podium the crowd hushed and executed a perfect synchronised bow. Odin signalled for them to stand before speaking to them

“My people, it gives me great pleasure to bring you this news today. As it has been heard in the rumours going about this place, I have to inform you that Loki has not died and is still very much alive.” The crowd cheered in delight. Odin put his hand up, signalling for silence. The crowd went hushed immediately. Odin continued “The medical consultant has come to the conclusion that it was a miracle that saved Loki’s life. Loki is allowed to return to normal palace regime either today or tomorrow and to celebrate this wonderful miracle we shall hold a feast to welcome him back.” As Odin finished the people applauded vigorously. Only when the All Father had left the room, did they begin to depart and set about their duties for the feast.  

***

The next day, Laila hurried down to Loki’s chambers in high spirits. She wanted to make sure that what they had shared last night was not a dream. She made sure that she wore her best gown for Loki’s return. It was a dark green dress; chosen by Loki himself as a welcoming gift to the palace. It had a small lace collar as well as small lace sleeves. Over the skirt of the dress was a thin layer of netting which had a continuous gold swirling pattern on it. To add a bit of her own touch to it Laila added a green flower to her hair and wore the bracelet Loki had also given her. Reaching the chamber doors she knocked politely and waited for the call that allowed her inside. As soon as it came, she pushed open the doors and peered around the room. It took her a second to find Loki tweaking his robe in the mirror just like before. Loki noticed her presence and turned around to face her, grinning from ear to ear. She returned the grin and ran into his arms. Loki picked her up and swung her round before planting a kiss on her forehead. Laila laughed. Loki stepped away from Laila and admired her attire.

“You look beautiful Laila. I’m so lucky to have you.” He said softly. Laila smiled warmly.

"Why thank you darling. Now your turn. Come on! Do a twirl then!” She ordered. Loki giggled and did a turn on the spot. He was in his finest robes for his return and wanted to make sure that he looked his best

"How do I look? I haven’t overdone it have I?” Laila smiled with glee

“Like a Prince, your Royal Highness.” Laila bowed for extra measure. Loki laughed and threw a pillow off the bed in her direction.

“Hey enough of that. Just because I’m back doesn’t mean you have to treat me any differently.” Loki said in amusement. Laila threw the pillow back on the bed

"I know. I just thought I’d have a bit of fun. I’m sorry if i offended you.” Laila said sheepishly. Loki rolled his eyes and put both of his hands on Laila’s shoulders

“Laila you need to stop thinking that you’ve upset me. I was also joking around. I’m not as scary as a let on you know.” He said giving her a playful wink. Laila scoffed

“Scary? Please. You’re anything but.” She retaliated. Loki pretended to be shocked and hurt before chasing after Laila around the room. It only took a couple of seconds for Loki to catch Laila; mainly because Laila was wearing a dress. Grabbing her arms he put them up against the wall. Laila tried to squirm her way out but it was useless. She was held firm. Loki’s breath was short and seething as if he was full of rage. Laila looked up worriedly to her lover

"Loki?” she said with uncertainty. Loki spoke to Laila in a hushed tone

"Now you listen here wench. You better not defy me again or I shall have to personally tickle you to death. Understood?” He said breaking into a smile as he saw Laila relax. Laila pushed him away with her feet.

“Loki! I thought you were serious! You frightened me to death!” She said, with a mixture of hysterics and irritation. Loki was beside himself at Laila’s reaction; tears poured down his face as he clutched his side.

"Ehehehehe, oh my god my side. Ah I can’t breathe. You should have seen your face... Priceless. Guess I am scary then.” He gasped as he tried to collect himself. Laila raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

“You enjoyed that didn’t you?” She said rhetorically. Loki chuckled.

“Yes I did. Certainly made my night. Argh god I haven’t laughed like that for a while.” Loki smiled cheekily at Laila; a sign that he didn’t mean any of what he had said. Laila laughed.  The clock in the chambers chimed seven times as Laila realised that she should be heading down to the feast.

“I’m going to head down to the feast. I’ll see you shortly.” Laila said kissing him quickly on the cheek before exiting the room. Loki smiled and watched her go. Soon after a servant girl, called Lola, quickly rushed into the room just as Laila had left. Loki spun round and smiled before handing the servant a small leather box.

“Wait for my signal and don’t tell anyone.” He said mysteriously. The servant smiled and nodded knowingly

“Of course Master Loki. It’s good to have you back.” She said with excitement before bowing and placing the box in her apron pocket. Then she hurried out the room. Loki returned to the mirror and adjusted one last, out of place, hair on his head and took a deep breath. He then exited his chambers and also made his way down to where his friends and family anxiously awaited his return.

So what did you guys think? Was it a cute scene because that's what I tried to achieve. Anyways let me know what you think of, below! Oh a message to any new readers, or any readers who haven't commented, please do! I'm not going to hate you if you don't like the chapter or the story for that matter! I don't bite! Honest!

Thanks for reading anyway! Will get Chapter 11 up ASAP! :D

- Z xx