Chapter 28

Hello! God it feels like I haven't updated in ages! Its probably been about, what, two days? Feels like forever. Anyway, really excited for this chapter. Hope you like it. I'm not here to complain because the comments you leave are AMAZING, but I would love some more feedback on this guys. I understand that school is doing what schools do best and taking up your life but a minute of your time is all I'm asking for. I don't mean for this to be dig at anyone.

Anyway, remaining positive, here is chapter 28!

Lots of Loki love from me!

- Z xx

The next morning Loki was awakened by the sound the nurse bustling around the room. Rubbing his eyes, he glanced down at Laila. Her pale skin and resting expression reminded Loki of why he was there. He felt his stomach clench with guilt. The nurse notice Loki waking up and addressed him

“Good morning Master Loki. Did you sleep well?” she asked politely. Loki gave a short nod. He had other things to worry about.

“How is she?” he asked worriedly, his gaze never leaving Laila’s face and he rubbed his thumb over the top of her palm. The nurse stopped and turned to face the prince

“I have sent tests to be done Master Loki. You will be the first to know when the results come back.” She reassured, knowing it wasn’t exactly the news he wanted to hear. Loki nodded slowly. The next few minutes went by in silence; Loki sitting by Laila’s side and the nurse doing her daily duties. This silence was suddenly broken, however by the sound of the doors leading into the medical room, creaking open. Loki snapped his head up to the sound, as did the nurse. Odin crept around the door, careful not to disturb Laila as she recovered.

“All Father! Is there anything I can do for you? Are you unwell?” The nurse asked instantly. Odin shook his head silently. Instead he directed his gaze to Loki who had gone back to focussing his attention on Laila.

“How is she?” Odin asked, not to the nurse, but to Loki. Loki raised his head towards Odin. The king could instantly tell how much this was hurting him. Pain was evident in the prince’s features. Bags under his eyes proved also, how worried he was for the princess. Loki cleared his throat.

“They...er...they won’t know until later; until the tests come back.” Loki said reluctantly; trying not to sound as weak and as helpless as he felt. Odin nodded in understanding.

“Come, Loki. I think it is time we have a chat. I’m sure the nurse will let you know if there is any change.” The All Father stated. Loki sighed to himself before reluctantly getting up from Laila’s side and following the king out of the room.

***

The pair moved down the corridor slowly; neither of them attempting to make conversation with the other. Their eyes did not make contact, nor was a smile shared or a nod given. To Loki, it felt like eternity before they finally reached the doors to the main hall. Loki was puzzled as to why they were to have their chat here, but he didn’t question it. The guards guarding the entrance allowed them both entrance to the room immediately. Odin went in without a second glance, but as Loki followed him he couldn’t help but notice the looks he got from the guards; a look of pure hatred and disgust. After all, Loki was still in his Jotun form with no idea how to change back. He was still the creature that everyone in Asgard had come to fear and hate, and yet, here he was roaming through the halls of the Asgardian palace; his death only prevented by the words of the king. With another sigh, Loki continued to make his way into the great hall.

Odin had already sat upon his throne by the time Loki had made his way in and the doors had been shut once again. Loki glanced up at the king. Odin spoke down to Loki