chapter 7

Chapter-7

I woke up and the first thought that hit my mind is that i am not feeling sick. Shit and here i thought i could avoid seeing Christopher for a while. God this is going to be awkward.

The drive to the hospital was silent. Dad made small talks here and there but he didn’t brought that subject up, for which i was grateful cause i am still mad at him for not letting me go.

We reach the hospital and went inside. Christopher was there at the reception, he looked up and smiled at us. My insides melted just at the sight and i wanted to run into his arms but dad started walking one step ahead of me so there’s no point even thinking about it.

Dad was about to pass him, which is just overdramatic if one asks me but Christopher turned at the exact moment, “good morning, how are you feeling today, Angelina...?” he asked as if nothing happened. He was totally at ease, standing there with his hands on his pockets and a smile on his handsome face as if last night he didn’t almost ripped my front door off its hinges. In fact he is grinning like he knows something i don’t.

“umm, i am good actually. Thanks for your visit yesterday and not so thanks for introducing me to those deadly soups.” I shivered at the thought of it.

He just laughed, a hearty laugh i can say. Suddenly i felt warm just listening to his voice. He looked so innocent, like a real small kid.

But obviously dad has to ruin the moment so first he cleared his throat then mumbled a, “lets go.” and started walking towards the elevator.

I just nodded and followed him. We entered into the elevator and when i turned i saw Christopher smiling to me and smirking to dad, i wondered what that’s about.

Dad went to his office but i stopped in my tracks, “dad, i’ll just be back.”

“where do you think you are going young lady..?” he growled.

I know he thinks i am going to sneak and meet Christopher behind his back and to be honest i really wanted to do that because i like spending time with him and specially after tomorrow i was actually yearning to be near him but not now. I was actually going to see Elizabeth. I have gotten quite close with her these past few days and sometimes she reminds me of mom. I had actually missed her because yesterday was Monday and we didn’t meet up this weekend because she has some business to take care of.

“i am going to see Elizabeth. I hope that’s not a problem,” i replied annoyed, then pressed, “with you.”He just nodded and i took off in the opposite direction.

Before i could even knock, Elizabeth’s door flung open and before i could even gasp by surprise she took me in her arms.

“oh my god, i was so worried about you darling. Are you okay..? do you feel fine now....?” she started in just one breath while choking me in her arms. I just nodded or atleast tried to nod. She pulled back and i realised she was really worried.

“yes Elizabeth i am fine now. You don’t have to worry.” I said with a pout. Well i don’t pout normally but Elizabeth treats me like a little girl and i never hide my true feeling from her. She always supports me no matter how silly i am in that moment.

Obviously noticing my mood she asked, “what happened dear, you seem upset...?”

“well, i kind of am.” I hesitated because now i realised that what i am going to tell her the reasons behind my foul mood. I just can’t tell her that her son asked me out on a date and i really wanted to go but couldn’t because of my dad.