chapter 28

Chapter-28

Jane bumped into us and if we weren’t vampires then we all might have been tripped and would be on the floor, but we got our balance and moved right on time.

“Oh! I am sorry Lin.” She apologised. I waved her off, knowing it’s mostly my fault. “You should probably get ready, the dance is about to begin.”

“Yeah, hey you mind escorting them to the floor?” I asked her nodding towards Alice and Bella. She confirmed just by a nod and then flitted without even looking into their direction.

“Wow! I feel so welcomed already.” Alice remarked and then they both flitted after Jane.

I closed my eyes and pictured Marcus’s room and when I opened them I was there. I went to his closet where I know he has kept my dress and found it in no time, but there was a note stuck to it which read ‘LOOK DOWN’. I did and there was a box, a shoe box to be precise and a small flat velvet one. I rook them out with the dress and started changing.

 I never got the chance to see what Marcus had bought me. So it was a surprise, when I opened the dress bag, and found a red dress, not any other shade, but the colour of fresh blood. I had doubts about fittings but it fitted me well, hugging all my curves. Then I opened the next big box, and as expected it had a pair of stilettos, which was also red. Then I reached towards the small, flat velvet box. When I opened it, my breath caught up in my throat. It had the most amazing piece of jewellery I have ever seen.

A silver chain, which was just the size to hug the neck, not choking anyone, but long enough to be visible. At the end of it, there was a round silver locked, with small red stones encrusted all over it. No doubt it was ruby but it looked like blood was frozen to make it. I put it around my neck and as thought earlier, it just fitted in the hollow space between my two collar bones.

There was a knock on the door, I called it out and Jane came into the room.

“I knew you won’t be ready in time.” She scolds me, Although Jane was frozen at a younger age than me, but she was much older to me. I just shrugged and she shook her head smiling.

Thank god Jane was there to help me or otherwise I would have made a joke of myself in front of only god knows how many vampires. I was about to go with my hair down but Jane insisted on a French roll, and let me tell you one thing that I won’t ever be able to do that on my own. Next was make up which I thought won’t be necessary given that we all are vampires but I guess I was wrong on that one too.

By the time I was finished, we were already two and a half minutes late. Everyone was getting worked up and because Aro was the most impatient one, he was on edge and everyone was scared that he might blow up soon. In fact when we reached them, Aro gave Jane a glare and she scurried away. But he knows that he can’t give me that look so he gave me a sarcastic smile and I just returned him the same, only that mine was more laces with venom and annoyance.

“I am so glad that you can finally join us.” He remarked.

I just rolled my eyes and replied in an over joyous tone, “oh trust me Aro, the amount of work YOU gave me, I never thought that I would ever be able to make it.”

“I think the most important thing is that you made it on time.” Marcus smiled at me and looked between us, which shut us both.

The lights went off; the whole place was lit with fire torches. First the guards enter the ball room. Then Aro and his wife entered followed by Caius and his wife then me and Marcus. We were all wearing our volturi robe. So when we all had entered the ballroom, we took our place which was the centre of the room. The dim lights were giving the whole room a very medieval look.  Wonder how it would look when the music system would go off.