Chapter 41: Charlie

Chapter 41: Charlie

ARI'S POV

*One Month Later*

"Ronnie!" I called as I was sitting on the couch, putting Mason's shoes on.

"Yeah?" He asked, running down the stairs.

"Get dressed and get in the car." I smiled, noticing he was only in sweatpants and a wife beater.

"Why?"

"I have a surprise for you." He shrugged and walked back up the stairs, going into his room. "Go get in the car." I told Mason and he nodded. I walked up the stairs and picked Macy up, carrying her down the stairs. I strapped her into her carseat before starting up the car and waiting for Ronnie. He jogged out of the house and got into the passenger side since I was on the driver's side.

"What's going on?" He asked, looking over at me. I just a finger to my lips and pulled the scarf off of my neck that I was wearing. I tied it around his eyes and pulled out of the driveway.

"Seriously Arianna, where are you taking me?"

"It's a secret." I smirked. "You'll find out soon enough." I said, patting his shoulder. I drove for about thirty minutes until I pulled into the parking lot. I turned off the car and unstrapped Macy, resting her on my hip. I helped Ronnie out of the car and then told Mason to grab Ronnie's hand. I grabbed Ronnie's hand and led him into the building.

"We're here." I smiled, taking off his blindfold. He gasped and a smile spread across his face.

"Are you for real?"

"Surprise!" I smiled before walking up to the front desk.

"Are you guys here to look at dogs?" We nodded.

"Follow me." She said, leading us to where the dogs were kept.

"You're really going to let me get a dog?"

"Yes Ronnie, I think you deserve it. For being a wonderful husband and father." I giggled, kissing his lips. "I wanted to get one before we even thought of having more kids but all well." I shrugged. "One condition, you have to promise to take care of it."

"I promise!" He exclaimed and I smiled.

"Okay, go take a look." He ran through the cages of dogs like a kid in a candy store. Mason was running after him, trying to stick his hands in the cages.

"Mason! Keep your hand out of the cages!" I called and he just ran off, following Ronnie.

"I WANT THIS ONE!" Ronnie yelled, jumping up and down. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked over to see a black pitbull puppy.

"Ronnie, I don't know, a pitbull? We have kids!"

"If I train him he'll be nice! Look! It says he's great with kids." Ronnie said, pointing to the piece of paper all about the dog.

"Come here boy." Ronnie said, kneeling in front of the cage and patting his thighs. The puppy walked to the front of the cage and started licking Ronnie's hand.

"Ari! He likes me!" Ronnie exclaimed. I called the lady over and ran my fingers through my hair.

"So, all these dogs are like, tested right? Like with kids and such?"

"Yes ma'am."

"So this one would be okay around our kids?" I asked, gesturing to Macy and Mason. She looked into the cage and then back at me.

"With proper training and love, he should be just fine." She smiled at me.

"Alright, then we'll take him."

"Yay!" Ronnie exclaimed. She opened up the cage and took the puppy out, handing him to Ronnie. "Hi boy." Ronnie giggled, kisisng the puppy's nose. We followed her back to the front and bought the dog before getting back into the car.

"What are you going to name him?" I asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Hmm." Ronnie said, looking down at the small dog in his lap. "Charlie." He said with a proud smile.

"I like it. What do you think Mason, do you want to name the new puppy Charlie?" I asked Mason.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed.

"What about you Macy?"

"Yay!" She cheered, clapping her hands together.

"I guess it's settled." I said, laughing a bit. Ronnie leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you so much."

"Anything for you." I said, continuing to drive. We made a quick stop at Pet Smart, picking out a collar, leash, food, a bed and a crate before driving home.

"He looks handsome." Ronnie smiled, admiring the collar on his dog. I just giggled. We pulled into the driveway and Ronnie let the dog run around the house, setting up everything for the dog.

**************************************************************************************

I think this is ending soon. Would you guys like a sequel?

Listening to Tomorrow~ Chris Young and Concrete Angel~ Martina McBride

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!