Chapter 8

Chapter 8: "Tits are the universe and asses are the foundation!"

"Wow, yesterday was quite tiring." Narukami-san stretches her arms out, leaning against my desk. "Who would've thought you'd have so many things packed? It's like you're travelling overseas for a job!"

I feel drowsy... I didn't catch enough sleep. After having to clear my room and being scared for my life when I thought Reiji-san was about to do dastardly things to me, I felt exhausted and ended up collapsing over my bed.

Of course, after such a tiring day, eight hours of sleep simply isn't enough. I'm not used to this at all...

"Hey, are you listening?" Narukami-san turns to me.

I quickly nod.

"Good. So will you join?"

J-Join what?

"Well?"

I... I slowly nod my head in agreement. It seems to be the right answer, since Narukami-san's face brightens at the sight. She immediately hugs me, pressing me against her chest.

"Thank you so much, Arisu! This is great! This is really great! Even if you don't know much about kendo, I'll gladly teach you!"

This is about kendo?! Wha? D-Did I just agree to learn kendo? But I don't want to be hit by bamboo swords! Or wooden ones for that matter! I've seen what they can do first-hand!

Must... Reject... Why can't I speak up, especially during desperate times like these?!

She pulls back, looking at me with sparkles in her eyes. "Really. Thank you. The kendo club would have closed down this year if I didn't get at least two more members to enrol." Caressing my shoulders, her lips arch into a smile. "You're really saving my butt here."

Now I'd feel terrible if I rejected. Sometimes the incapability of speech can be a good thing.

"Ah, I see you've got a new victim?" A wild Satomi-san appears! "Careful, Arisu, this girl is a drill sergeant." He presses a hand on my desk. "I've talked to the guys there. Said they broke their arms after swinging a sword over and over and over and over and over again..."

She pinches his nose, looking to pull it off. "Shut up. I'm not like that at all."

Come to think of it...

I look at the windows to my left. They're completely fine, even though all of them cracked when Satomi-san was flung there. How is it fixed so fast? Is there a fixer demon roaming these halls? If anything breaks, he'll fix it. If someone is broken, he'll fix them.

Eeek!

"Don't be scared." Narukami-san pats me on the head. "It'll be fun. I'll make sure you have fun over at the club. There are a lot of great guys there, I'm sure you can make some new friends."

But... It isn't the Neighbour's Club or an SOS Brigade. How do I make friends if the club is a normal one? I can't play the emotionless girl who gets more attention as the show goes on like this! And heaven forbid we actually do something worthwhile in the club! That never happens!

Reality is a harsh and unforgiving mistress.

I have a feeling that either way, I won't be able to make many friends. I just hope I don't come home with a bruise.

Satomi-san suddenly climbs on top of a table and screams. "Tits are the universe and asses are the foundation!"

"You perverted piece of shit!"

And then the two do a dramatic re-enactment of a dog and cat chase. How big a tangent did they go off on while I was in monologue?

"I REGRET NOTHIIIIIIIING!"