Chapter 17

Chapter 17: "The Student Council barely has any power."

Ah, the sweet scent of a can of peach tea. If there was one thing heavenly about this world, it's tea and peaches. But peach tea? Simply sublime. I find it interesting that we've come to an age where we regularly can this delicacy and sell it within vending machines. Not a day has passed since my meeting with this delicious beverage that I have not taken time to consume it.

How rude of me, I didn't even introduce myself! I am the nurse of the school! Now, I would tell you my name, but everyone refers to me as 'nurse' these days. It's a shame, since the term sounds very feminine. I'm a man with manly desires. I wish I got christened with 'doctor' instead.

But, as long as I get to live out the youth I missed during the last year of my high school life this way, it's not so bad. Let's just say that year wasn't very stellar for me. Awful things happened to me back then, and it didn't get any better when I entered college.

It's all in the past. I have a job to do now, so there's no use mulling over it.

Oh, did I forget to say my name? Silly me. Susumu Yusei, don't you forget it. Currently, I'm turning in as the school's official nurse for the time being. It's a project by the university to garner working experience for students. They could have told me I was becoming a nurse but whatever. I've been here for almost half a year, and the project should be coming to an end by June or July.

At least I got sanctioned to the best school in all of Japan. I think it is, at least. I even got these fake glasses to make me look smarter! Now, if only I could get some beautiful young girls to ask me for a diagnosis...

Creak...

I turn my attention to the door and find-

Oh God, it's them again. The emo fag and the violent tits. Er, sorry, how unprofessional of me. What I meant to say was, something-something Reiji and Izuna Yukino of the first class. The both of them are regulars to my ward. Last year, the boy visited me fifty-two times and the girl, thirty-one times. Rather high numbers, eh? And what's worse is that they come here to treat injuries, not illnesses.

It's not my job to counsel them though. I wish I could say something about their problems, but I really have no right. That's the student counsellor's job, and seeing how these two are still barging back into my ward, it's obvious he or she is doing a terrible job.

I wish I could help these poor souls. But I didn't study psychology. I would probably feed them advice that would make things worse.

Regardless, I have a job to do. A duty to be accomplished.

"What do you need today?"

Reiji-kun rolls his eyes. "Well, it's not like I'm bleeding. I'm fine. Totally fine."

He has a nosebleed. And according to my anime, nosebleeds are caused by sexual arousal. Who knows, our friend here may have scored a peek at those massive tracts of land stuck to the girl beside him.

Lucky bastard.

"I bruised my forehead." Yukino-kun points at the blue smarts on her forehead, though her calm tone contrasts with the damage.

I sigh. "What happened this time?"

Reiji-kun frowns. "We got into a fight-" As usual. "-and she attacked me."

"You were asking for it." She leers at him.

"Didn't have to headbutt me so hard."

"I'm the one with the bruise. You walked out with a nosebleed and nothing more."