Chapter 9

Chapter 9: "Everyone's three times hotter when they're playing a musical instrument! Except if it's drums!"

Curse that evil wench! Invading my territory and claiming it! This must be her evil scheme. Yes, that stupid innocent act is nothing more than a lie! Her true form is actually the ancient evil, Alissa! And that's not even her final form!

Sigh. I open my class door, walking to my seat all the way at the back.

Honestly, I hate how I get fidgety with people like her. To clarify, normally, I find a reason to hate someone the moment I meet them. All the time. And she... She doesn't give me a reason to hate her guts on the spot. I don't like her, I don't see her as an acquaintance, but I can't really hate her either.

Maybe the fact that she likes to stare at me like some creepy child? It's not as bad as the glares everyone else gives me so... It's out.

Maybe the fact that she's foreign? But racism makes me a terrible person. I shouldn't go there.

Sitting down, I rest my jaw in my palm and stare out the window. Who knows, I might spot a notebook falling from the sky which lets me kill anyone by writing their names in it.

And the first name I'll write is... Yukino Izuna. I'm tired of dealing with her. Second one, that guy from the baseball team. Forgot his name. The third one... Alice Sekigahara. And then I'll just write everyone's names down.

You're probably wondering,

"Why her? She hasn't done anything to you! You said you don't hate her!"

That's precisely it! She makes me feel like a shy middle-schooler! And I hate that! I hate that I don't hate her! My stupid brain is confusing 'not hating her' with 'loving her', and it's a giant pain in the ass! I need to put her in her place, alongside the world! The fact that I don't hate someone puts them above all the rest, and I don't want that!

Ugh, see how I keep going on and on about this? It's messing me up! That girl is screwing around with my thoughts, and I just met her yesterday!

"I see you're screaming internally. Again." A deck of poker cards are placed on my desk. Looking up, I see... Oh shit, it's this four-eyed guy. "Care for a round of poker?"

Now, uh, I forgot his name, but this guy always has that smug smirk on his face, like he knows frickin' everything. I want to punch it so bad...! But above all, he's always carrying a deck of cards. It's different every day. Sometimes it's poker, other times it's tarot cards and other days, it's trading cards.

"Well?"

"No." I reply with the flattest tone.

"Why not? You seem bored. It's a nice way to pass the time."

"I said no."

He shrugs, taking his cards with him. "Fine, fine, I'll go bother Kenta."

"It's Masaya, you goddamn troll!" The gruff scream comes from a tall, red-haired guy sitting at the front of the class.

"Kenta, let's play poker!"

"HELL NO!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bite my lip. The classes are about to end. And I'm sitting here, trying to properly balance this chemical equation from the exercise the teacher gave us. If I pretend to know what I'm doing till the bells sound, then I can get away without suffering repercussions.

Goodness gracious, chemistry is an uphill battle... If you can't do equations, you can't do anything. It's entirely about balance... Yin and Yang...