Chapter 15

Chapter 15: "I couldn't tell at first, but it's obvious now that I've fallen for this quiet flower."

Papers... Reports... Signatures...! Walking by my lonesome down this hallway, the pressure is making my blood curdle.

Uwah, why me?! Why did I become president? Of the Counselling Club of all things! How am I supposed to help people if I can't even help myself? I feel like Reiji-san would be a better president. I mean, he did go out of his way for my sake. With that spirit, I'm sure he'd be an excellent-

Guh!

"Hey, watch where you're going!"

The papers on my hand slip away, falling to the floor in an uneven mess. I look up at the tall red-haired boy. I met him before, just yesterday. Sado-san, if I'm not mistaken? He just walked straight out of the corner all of a sudden...

"Ah, sorry." He picks up my papers and arranges it for me. "But seriously, be a little more careful. With all the spiky hairdos the guys are rocking, you could get your eyes poked out!"

... I never thought about that. Is it possible for spiky hair to be used as a special attack?

"SPIKY HEADBUTT!"

"HE GOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"So, Counselling Club, huh?" He mutters as he reads the papers. "I didn't expect you to be interested in th-" He flinches. "Whoa! You're the president? Wow, I'm quite surprised." He looks at me with his green eyes. "I didn't think you were the type of person who could advise others, but I guess I was wrong."

You're actually right...

"Good luck with that. Managing a club is a pain in the butt." He hands the papers over. "But you'll be fine. I'm sure of it." His eyebrows furrow, and he then glares behind himself at... nothing. "Mihiro, shut up already! I am not hitting on her!"

...

U-Uhm...

Nobody's there! Who's he talking to? Why is he talking to air?! What is this incident that's unfolding before my very eyes?!

"Yeah, so what if I have lots of foreign porn?! That doesn't mean I'm into foreigners!"

Uuuuuuuhm...

I. I... I did not need to know that. I know that boys my age are... like that... but some information is just not comfortable to sit by.

"Ow ow ow!" Now his right arm is raised, as if he is locked in a sleeper hold! Just what is he doing?! "L-Let go of me! Seriously! I'm in public right now and-" He looks at me, an expression of shock born from the realization that I still exist.

Am I so invisible...?

"Oh shit!" He points at me dramatically. "You did not see anything! Pretend this never happened!" Elbowing the air behind him, he quickly makes his grand escape by running away like a little girl, tripping over the slippery floors once or twice.

...

I'll just do as he says. This never happened. Vamoose! It has disappeared from my memory! What am I doing here? I don't know! Just... walking back to class! I did not meet anyone here! At all! Teehee...

Oh...

It's physically impossible for me to forget that. He was pretty nice and normal yesterday. Now he's a psycho who talks to an imaginary friend?! My teeth are jittering again... Is there a person in the Komari Dormhouse who isn't full of quirks? Even I'm...

Don't think about it! Just keep walking back to class! Don't think! Just don't!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------