Chapter 23

Chapter 23: "Oh dear, why must fate be so cruel?"

Twisting the nob, Izuna-san pulls the door open. Before us stands a girl, possibly several years our junior. Blushes protrude over her cheek, eyes on the floor. Her dark blue hair is cut into a bob, leaving a rather... ordinary image.

But that embarrassed face... That incapability of looking at others properly...

It was akin to a reflection in the mirror.

"Good evening." Izuna-san greets her, the absolute anger she displayed a minute prior vanishing without a trace. "Is there something you need?"

"The thing is..." She's already better than me. "I need..."

Izuna-san backs away and gestures toward one of the chairs by the table. "Sit down, sit down."

Since there are only three chairs in this room, Reiji-san remains standing, choosing to lean against the wall with his arms crossed. Isn't that one of Dio's poses?

"So?" Izuna-san beams at her, trying to ease her into the atmosphere.

"Well, this is a little embarrassing to say, but..." She gulps. "There's this boy I like..."

Oh dear. Among the infinite problems we've come to face with, it has to be the one all three of us have little to no experience in. While Izuna-san probably has many admirers, I doubt she has a boyfriend. Her interactions with Reiji-san may garner different ideas and hold others away from professing.

As for the delinquent-eyed tsundere, he... It's just speculation, but he just doesn't seem to do well around girls. With Izuna-san, he deliberately toys with her temper and with me...

"Quit looking at me!"

... That is all that needs to be said.

"So... What do you need?" Izuna-san's smile is starting to strain. It's either she's scared of the situation or her tantrum is about to be unleashed. I simply can't tell.

"Well..." The girl twiddles her index fingers. "He's very popular among the girls in my class so I'm scared that I'll miss my chance if I hold it off for too long."

Reiji-san is biting his lips. Knowing him, he's probably trying to halt himself from scoffing.

"That's why..." She cringes with shut eyes. "I decided I want to tell him today. He's still busy at club right now, so I still have time to prepare."

"So... What do you need?" Is Izuna-san's kindness seemingly faker with each passing moment?

"I... don't really know how I should confess. I've never done this before..."

Reiji-san sneers at her. "You walk up to him and say 'I love you', hearts, bubbles and sparkles in the air. And don't forget the piano piece. Works like a charm."

Izuna-san's eyebrows furrow for just a second. "This isn't a drama." She then clasps her hands together, pressing her elbows against the table. "Can you tell me more about this boy you admire? I might be able to come up with a plan if I have more info."

He lours viciously. "This isn't a war! She's a girl, he's a guy! Just tell her to confess and call it a day! He'll accept, trust me on this! Every man is the same! They'll take any opportunity to feel a girl up!"

Slam!

Getting on her feet, Izuna-san bolts toward him and grabs his arm. "Excuse me." She calmly aims her sights at the girl. "I need to have a discussion with my 'friend' here. Please give me a minute."