me, you and them {dean ambrose request}

"Mommy, where are we going?"
"We're going into the city, baby." I smoothed out Asher's hair and kissed Cody's head.
"We never go into the city?" Cody spoke up. I couldn't help but to take the moment to soak in just how much he looked like his dad.
"Its a surprise, monkeys. What do you want to wear?" I laughed as Asher ran to the little blue dresser on the other side of the room. I knew what he was going for, ever since "Uncle Seth" had given him the shirts, he always had to take one anywhere fancy.
"Is Uncle Seth gunna be there?" Asher was so giddy at the thought of seeing his favorite person.
"Maybe." I said in a singsongy voice.
"Momma..." Cody had figured out my surprise. "ASHER WE'RE GOING IN THE CITY TO SEE UNCLE SETH AT HIS WRESTLING JOB!!!!" Just like their daddy and "uncle" Seth, the boys were glued to anything wrestling related. They loved their ring for their toys and made one with the couch cushions downstairs everytime I turned my back. They will be five in June..they look more and more like him every day, but Cody was his spitting image.
"Really mommy?" Asher looks up at me with big ocean eyes, his sandy hair failing to hide the excitement.
"Can't anything be a surprise with you two!" I laughed and they jumped into my arms.
"Mommy we've waited so long!!!! This means we're big boys!!!" Cody high fived his goofy twin.
"Yes, this does mean you're big boys. Mommy's special big boys, Uncle Seth has done a lot for you two and you have to be very very good. Say yes mommy, i will be good." They said the promise loud and proud. Asher threw on his favorite Seth shirt and Cody went rummaging threw his drawers, finally deciding on a Roman shirt, or as the kids called him "Jojo".
   "Now let momma take your picture!" They posed the way the shield used to and I couldnt help but to laugh.
My phone rang and I stepped away.
"Hey you." I answered.
"God, its good to hear that voice. I miss you, Ken."
"I know honey, I know." Seth was my best friend in the whole entire world, we would never ever be a thing, but he was my person. Even after Dean split on me, Seth and I remained the best friends to ever walk the damn earth.
"When will you guys be here?" He asked fighting to contain his excitement.
"About six. We have to leave yet, okay?"
"Text me when you get here. I'll take it all from there. Be careful, I love you."
"I love you, I'll see you then."

The struggle of a two hour long car ride with two very excited twin boys is almost unbareable. But seeing their smiles as they ran to Seth made it all worth it.
  "Hey rockstars!" He laughed and put each twin on a shoulder. "Asher, my man. That shirt is slaying. Cody, you wanna see Jojo before we go on our special tour?" Cody nodded excitedly.
    "Jojo is here?" He lit up.
"Yes sir, he heard you were coming to see us. He's waiting for you."
    "Uncle Seth, where?" He said excitedly.
"I heard someone was looking for their Jojo?" Ro turned the corner and Cody practically jumped off Seth into Roman's arms. "Hey monkey." He cooed squeezing Cody. "Little Jojo is inside. Do you and Asher wanna come hang out with us for a minute while Mom & Seth talk?" Asher reluctantly let go of Seth, who reassured him it would be just a minute.

"kendollymommy: nothing like taking my two monkeys to see their favorite people tonight!" Posted two hours ago...Ken is here. Not only is she here. She has the boys with her. Two beautiful, sandy haired, not blue but not green eyed perfect little boys. She kept their hair short for the most part, and I can't say I blame her. Any longer and they would look just like me at that age. Asher wore a Seth shirt and Cody had on a blue Roman shirt. Never once have I held those boys but I can tell you everything about them. Maybe I wasn't the dad I was supposed to be, but those boys ever need help, I'll be there in a second. I wonder if Ken's mom gives them my Christmas presents...Ken...my ken, my precious baby girl. I missed her more with every single passing day. I remember she told me she was pregannt and I was gone by the next morning. I had to protect her, had to save her. I didnt know how to be a dad, hell I didnt even know how to be a boyfriend. I loved her, I still love her..

   "Hey, Ken." Seth hugged me tightly.
"Seth." I breathed in his scent, taking safety in a moment so secure of a night that could change everything.
   "Does he know we're-"
"I dont know how he would. No social media and we didn't tell him.
    "Good. That should make it easier. If anything does happen."
"Stop worrying, lets go show the boys the palace." He laughed and we walked in. There sat little Jojo,Asher and Cody all arguing over their favorite female wrestler. Asher loved Becky and Cody adored Bayley. Jojo seemed to favor cousin Nia.
   "Look at them." I laughed
"Maybe someday that will be them." He laughed, rubbing my shoulder. "Hey, lil jo...what do you say we take the boys to meet John and maybe Becky? All of our friends? Yeah?" Jo smiled and talked about all her Daddy's friends. I picked up Cody, Asher walked and Jo was on her Daddy's shoulders.
   "Aye, Ken. Its been a while." John hugged me.
"Hey John." I smiled. The boys looked dumbfounded.
   "Mom. You. Know. John. Cena?!" Their little jaws were on the floor.
"Mom? Who are these guys?" John knelt down and instantly won their hearts.
   "I'm Asher."
"I'm Cody." They started talking up a storm. "MOM THERE'S DEAN AMBROSE." Cody sprinted across the room and attached to his dad's legs, the only problem..he didn't know that was his dad. I held back, afraid to go over to him.
   "Cody?" He picked him up off the floor, wrapping him in his arms and holding him tightly.
"You know my name?" He was mesmerized.
     "Of course I do, dork. Where's your brother?"
"You know I have a brother?!" My baby's poor heart was about to explode.
         "Asher. He's your twin."

In my arms, I held a third of my world. Why was he just roaming back here? Where is Asher? Who the fuck brought them back here? Seth god damn it. Fuck there she is. Okay. Be cool.
    "Ken. Hey. Oh my god." He sets Cody down and hugs me. "Are these your?" He sees Asher now & I watch his eyes fill with tears.
"Yeah. These are my boys." I smile as Asher runs to him and they instantly click, Cody is still clinging to him too. That's their dad. The resemblance is undeniable now. I cant help but to cry. How dare he ask, like he doesn't know those are his boys.
   "Mommy, whats wrong?" They crawl in my lap as soon as the know something's wrong. My monkeys have learned sometimes they have to protect mommy instead of the other way around.
"Nothing, angels. Go talk to Dean somemore. Okay? I just gotta breathe." I walked over to Seth, pulling him around the corner with me. "That's their dad. That's what my family is supposed to be." I cried into his t-shirt. I felt Seth hold me but it didn't do much to comfort me.
    "Hey ken?" Dean poked his head around the corner.
"What Dean?" I said, my voice weak.
       "Can I please talk to you?"
"Seth, will you take the boys?" He nodded and went to finish their adventure. "Text me and we'll find you, okay?"

"You look great.." he mumbled.
    "Two kids and I work 50 hours a week. I doubt I look great."
"You've always looked great, Ken. You've never failed to take my breath away.
     "What's the point of this, Dean?" I whispered.
"...those...they're...cody and asher..." he was trying to find the words, trying to understand that's his blood.
     "They are. They look walk and talk just like you. Especially Cody." I laughed.
"Ken...I want my boys, I want you. I want what I threw away such a long time ago. I want to be a dad, I want to be your man. Okay? I hate watching from the shadows and shaking every time I see you because I still love you. And I always will."
     "You. Left. Me. Four months pregnant and terrified  in a one bedroom apartment on the southside!"
"Ken you're not listening! Baby. Listen. To. Me. Okay?" He grabbed my face the way he used to when we would fight. "I. Love. You. I never stopped. Do you wanna know why I left? I was scared. I didn't think I could be a father. I didn't think I could support you. I didn't want you to be afraid of me so I left before you had to worry. Ken, I think about you everyday. I send the boys presents every holiday and I wake up everyday wishing I was waking up to you and the boys. Okay? I never stopped loving you. I never will. You're my person. Marry me. Love me. Let me be the Dad the boys never got to have."
   "Momma..did he just say Dad?" Cody stood with his fingers almost in his mouth, the way he always did when he was confused.
"Hi, baby. Where's Seth?" I picked him up and held him close to me.
    "Big Jojo had a thing to do, he told us to chill for a second but I wanted to make sure you were okay."
"Cody? Cody? Cody where did you go?" Asher came following after his more curious twin.
   "Asher, I think Dean Ambrose is our dad...?" He looked at me for reassurance. I shot Dean a look that said it was his question to answer.
"Yeah buddy, I am. You solved the puzzle. I was supposed to be your big surprise at the end of the tour." Asher just looked at him open mouthed.
    "Why dont you ever come home?" Cody asked. Four year old hoensty.
"Being a wrestler is hard. But if mommy is okay with it, I'm gunna be coming home a lot more. We'll get a new house for you guys before big kid school." He winked at me.
    "Momma." Asher called me over so he could whisper in my ear. "Is he really our dad?" He asked like it was too good to be true. "Are you gunna let him come home?" I nodded. "Can I call him dad? Or daddy?" He asked, his voice small like he was afraid.
"You can, my darling. That would make him very happy."
    "DADDY!" Asher crashed into his arms.
"Ashman." Dean laughed with tears in his eyes as he sat on the floor with the little ones.
    "Not fair!" Cody ran and jumped in his lap. I stood back with tears in my eyes. My world was finally all together again.

"MOMMY. DADDY'S HOME!" Cody and Asher went running to the door.
   "Ashman! Codster!" He picked each of them up and slammed them back down on the couch. "My baby." He kissed me, resting his hands on my hips.
  "How was work, Dad?"
"Did you beat Baron?" This was it, this is what I live for.