Say Something (Finn Bálor)

"Finn stop it!'' I squealed as soon as I turned the corner and felt the cool water hit me all over.
"Sorry lass, you looked a little hot." he winked and I jumped into his arms soaking him.
"There ya go, babe. Some water to cool your thirsty ass off!" I laughed and pulled away from him.
"Where do you think you're going?" he spun me back to him.
"To change, dork. I'm not going to dinner like this." I looked up into the most different set of eyes I have ever seen in my whole entire life. They could never decide on one color, always kept me guessing. Much like our relationship or lack of. There was no denying I liked finn, so so much. But just when we got close he always seemed to back up.
I quickly threw on a t-shirt, Finn's t-shirt and a pair of jeans for dinner. "Where to?" I jumped on his back in the lobby of the performance center.
"You little monkey." he ran in circles, throwing me off his back.
"Jerk." I pouted from the floor.
"To make it up I'll buy you dinner, eh?" he laughed.
"Pizza or Chinese?!" I jumped up.
"GET A ROOM." Jason said as he walked by.
"GET TOGETHER." Chad pushed Finn closer to me.
"Real Chinese or takeout?" he ran his hand across the back of his neck in an uncomfortable kind of way
"I'll eat the real stuff." I hooked myself on Finn's arm as we walked out the door. I caught myself absent mindedly running my hand up and down his arm and stopped as soon as I noticed.
"Why'd you stop?" Finn asked when we reached the end of the hall.
"What?" I played dumb.
"My arm, it felt nice." he smirked down at me and I started it again. He kissed my forehead "you're so cute." he muttered. I smiled and hid in his arm. "Don't hide, beautiful. Too perfect not to be seen." he opened my car door and closed it gently behind me.

We took our food back to my apartment and sat cuddled up on the couch. My head on his shoulder as I struggled to eat noodles with a fork and Finn used chopsticks effortlessly.
"Are you excited?" I asked climbing up in his lap.
"For what gorgeous?" he kissed my nose and moved a piece of my hair from my face.
"Nakamura!!" I squealed.
"Of course I'm excited, love. I've waited years for this. It's going to be phenomenal."
"Is that a hint about the big thing you won't tell me yet?" Finn had been keeping a secret and said I would find out soon. "Is AJ involved in the secret?" I got excited.
"No." he laughed.
"....when you fight Nakamura, be extra careful. He's got moves you haven't taken in a long time. Come home to me in one piece." I ran my fingers through his hair and rested my forehead against his.
"If I know I'm coming home to you, that's all the fight I need." he rubbed his thumbs along my cheekbones. "...there's somethings we need to talk about." he got serious.
"But first." I interrupted by pressing my lips firmly to his, wrapping my arms around his neck and sharing a longlong, passionate, lovely kiss.
"I want you to be there Saturday for the Nakamura thing." he said a silly smirk on his lips from the kiss.
"Of course I will be, darling." I laid my head on his chest, breathing in his scent. I wanted moments like this forever, but did he feel the same way? That kiss made it feel like he did. The way he was rubbing circles on my back, even though he knows it puts me to sleep did. The way he held me did. But I just...he's never said it. Why hasn't he said anything? I can't keep up not knowing for much longer.

//Saturday//

Me: good morning handsome!!!
Finn: morning gorgeous.
Me: today's the day!!
Finn: I know, darling. Stop by a little early before the match? There's something I want to show you.
Me: lunch before the show?
Finn: I'll bring pizza, meet me there.
Me: you're the best. 😍😍
Finn: anything for you. 💛

I met him in the performance center later, flipping over the couch to surprise him.
"Baby." he laughed as I took his pizza. We were now to the point of pet names in public and he hadnt even bothered to clarify his feelings.
"Yes, love?" I laughed.
"Nothing, you're perfectly fine." he kissed my forehead.
"Aawwwww. Cutest couple around." liv laughed.
"Oh weren't not, I mean," we both started then turned and laughed at one another.
"Sure, sure." she walked away.
"Meet me before I go out tonight, yeah?" he asked.
"Yeah sure." he leaned down, pecked my lips and walked away.
"Not a couple." Liv sipped her coffee. I took a piece of pizza and waited for what Finn would have to say this evening when we saw one another. The day went by painstakingly slow. Finally it was time to meet Finn right outside the guerrilla.

"There you are, I got scared you weren't-" I just hugged him, wrapped my arms around my neck and refused to let him go.
"I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere."
"Look, I just...I know I haven't been as upfront as I should be, I just want you to know...I like you a lot, and I do care about you, I care about you more than anyone else in this world." he grabbed my face and held me close to him. "And I don't want to risk losing you, so I guess what I'm asking is.."
"Finn to entrance."
"...they can wait, what I'm asking is if yiu would maybe want to be my girlfriend?" I loved it when Finn was shy and awkward. I was beaming, finally he admitted it. I felt tears in my eyes and I began to cry. "Darling no, I'm sorry. I just...I shouldn't have sprung this on you."
"No, Finn you don't get it." I wiped the tears.
"Then help me out here, love."
"Finally, you admit it! I've waited six months to hear those words. Yes, I'm your girl entirely." I laughed and kissed him slowly. "Now go show the world you're the best there ever was.
"Be right here when I win?" he asked nervously.
"Always am." I smiled and watched the match from backstage.

It was a long hard fight, but in the end, the demon prevailed over the king of strong style. Finn eventually made his way backstage. I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around him not worrying about the paint on my legs and whole body. "I'm so proud of you." I smiled and kissed him.
"Good because lass, this is just the beginning. Guess where we'll be Monday." there were tears in his eyes and he held me close. "I couldn't do this without you, thank you so much. I'm so lucky." he kissed my forehead, my nose and finally my lips.
"It's my honor." I returned his smile as we went to announce everyone's dream couple was now real.