Chapter 30

'What the fuck do you think you are doing here?' Matt yells at our father making me cringe into Chris's side.

'I cannot believe you have the audacity to even show your face after everything you have done to her.' Mikey hisses while placing a hand on Matt's shoulder just in case he launches himself at dad.

Matt and Mikey's statement is followed by a few of the other football players in the room to start saying random stuff. I take a look around the room to see everyone in here is shaking with pure unadulterated rage. As odd as it may sound I actually felt warmth spread through my body knowing that all of these people cared for me this much. I honestly couldn't believe they were standing up to the man that I have never stood up for and it's not even as if I asked them to do this. They are all doing it freely and it shook me to the core.

'Everyone please stop.' I say quietly although from the immediate silence you would've thought I had yelled.

'You are not seriously going to tell us to stop yelling at him, are you?' Matt asks taken aback.

'Just let her talk Matt. We've already talked about how stubborn she is so just let her speak her peace. No matter how we feel about everything going on she has to make this decision herself.' Chris says emotionlessly. I can tell that he is scared that I will give in to my father. I reach over and squeeze his left hand in mine making his eyes look deeply into mine.

'Thank you Christopher.' I whisper honestly to him making a smile spread across his face.

'I love when you call me that.' He whispers back before brushing a soft kiss to my forehead and caressing my cheek lightly with his hand.

 After taking a few breaths I turn to the doorway where my father has yet to move from his spot. 'Can you please come inside and close the door? There are some things we need to talk about that I don't want to broadcast to the entire hospital.' I say seriously but gently.

'If you want to have a talk like that then I think everyone needs to leave the room, don't you?' He asks gruffly.

'No we don't. There is nothing that is going to be said that no one in this room doesn't know already.' I cut all the guys off quickly making everyone in the room look at me in shock.

'Whatever, let's get this over with.' He grumbles walking into the room just enough to get the door closed and then leaning his back against it while crossing his arms over his chest and looking at me coldly.

'I am moving out when I get out of the hospital and before you start saying anything I want you to just shut up and let me finish speaking. For one damn time since Mom has died you are going to shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say if it is the last thing you do for me.' I says seriously looking him square in the eye to let him know how serious I am about this. The only thing I get from his shocked face is a slight tilt of the head to let me know I can continue and after another couple of calming breaths I finally do.

'I will continue to help on the farm because you and mom built it together and I know you need an extra pair of hands that know the farm and business end that you can trust. You may hate me but even you can't say that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to the farm. Other than the farm you will never have personal contact with me.' I say coldly which would shock even me but I know when I woke up and saw the pain on everyone's faces I couldn't and wouldn't put any of them through this again.

'You will never lay your hands on me again. In the event you do I will not hesitate to retaliate or protect myself in some way. Anytime I am in your home or on your property I will never be alone since you cannot be trusted. You will not keep me from taking any of my belongings from your house unless you have objection here and now. Also, I would like you to get help with your drinking but I'm not going to force you. I love you a lot and I think you at least owe it to Mom's memory and your grandchild to stay sober enough to attend holiday's. On the plus side they never have to clean up your puke or take a beating.'