Chapter 10

‘What’s up dad?’ I ask; trying to stay quiet so the guys don’t run in here.

‘What’s up is the fact that you didn’t do your fucking chores last night. That’s what’s up. What the fuck were you thinking? Did you just think fuck it the old man will take care of it? Did you? You selfish-‘ he’s cut off by someone clearing their throat. I can’t see who it is through the tears. I quickly wipe my eyes dry to see all of the guys have snuck up on us and Chris, Matt and Mikey are in the front; looking very pissed off.

‘I’m really sorry dad. It won’t happen again, I shouldn’t have left without taking care of my chores. I was a little out of it.’ I say sincerely hoping that it gets dropped which knowing my dad it will be dropped since there is so many people here. I most likely will get it later. Shit.

‘Yeah, no problem at all.’ He mumbles. Then turns around and walks over to Matt. ‘Hey son! How’s the wife and kid?’ he asks glancing at me. I mouth Gary son and Ashley wife. He nods and turns back to a frowning Matt.

‘Hey dad. Everything’s going good with us, how about you?’ he asks.

‘Yeah, we’re doing really good here.’ He reaches over and grabs my upper arm and squeezes making me wince. ‘Elizabeth is taking care of a lot. Ya know? It’s good to have her around.’ He says and squeezes a little harder making me whimper but I turn it into a cough. Sadly everyone except my father noticed that it was fake because I was wearing a tank top so my bruises were visible. My dad probably didn’t even notice, if he did he just doesn’t give a damn.

‘Dad, let go of Liz. Now.’ Matt says glaring at my dad. ‘You’re hurting her.’ My dad squeezes harder and finally drops my arm. He turns slightly, looks at my arm where he just had his hand. You can tell he grabbed right over my bruise because it’s now turning a weird purple blackish kind of thing. I grimace when I look at it and try and cover it with my hand.

‘Go put a shirt on that covers that shit up.’ My dad grumbles.

‘Yes sir.’ I turn to leave but stop when he calls out to me again. I turn around at the base of the stairs.

‘We’re gonna talk later about having company when I’m gone. Do ya hear me girl?’ he half growls at me making me flinch. I’m shaking on the inside but I walk over in between him and Matt since I saw him about to open his big stupid mouth. I hold my hand up to him and he snaps his mouth shut grumbling some cuss words.

‘Yes sir. I’m sorry we have company. It is completely my fault. Matt came over to hang out so I called the guys and thought we could all hang out together since Matt doesn’t get a lot of guy time away from Ash and Gary.’ I say holding my chin high. My dad clenches and unclenches his fists glaring at me.

‘We’ll discuss it later; as I already said.’ He growls at me making me lose my nerve and flinch. ‘It was good seeing you son. Come by any time; I’m sorry you had to deal with your sister’s whoring around. Not a single female in the group, plus she knows how I feel about company.’ He says casually.

‘Dad it’s really not her fault.’ He starts but I cut him off by shaking my head slightly at him.

I paste a fake smile on my face and turn around but I keep my eyes about chest level so I don’t have to see the looks on their faces. It would be my undoing. ‘Well thanks for stopping by guys. It was great seeing you all. I’ll see you all at school. Bye Matt, give Ash and Gary big hugs and kisses. Bye Mikey.’ I pause swallowing and not looking anywhere near Chris. ‘Bye Chris.’ I murmur and turn away running up my stairs.

I don’t even get to close my door all the way before my dad grabs the door and slams it open. He walks up to me and gets right in my face. ‘My office; 5 minutes.’ He growls making the tears finally fill my eyes.