Chapter 16

I walk out into the hall only to stop dead in my tracks and rage to fill me. Emily has her arms wrapped around Chris’s neck and right as tears are about to fill my eyes I see that he is trying to detach her from him without hurting her.

‘Get the hell off of me Emily. I’m with Liz and there is no way in hell I’m going to mess this up.’ He hisses angrily at her.

‘I know your just using her sugar. Don’t worry it can be our little secret.’ Emily says.

I look past them to see the guys from the football team jogging up the hall towards us. Erik and Big Vince’s eyes widen when they see me and pick up the pace but they can’t stop me since they are further away from Emily and Chris. I’m only a few feet away.

My blood is boiling as I stalk over to Emily. I reach forward and grab a hand full of her hair and jerk her off of Chris. He looks over at me. Both shock and fear are written all across his features. I’ll deal with him after I’m done with her.

Once I have her fully off of him I let go of her hair and pull my fist back. I let it snap forward hitting her right in her jaw happily watching as she clutches her jaw with her hand.

‘Don’t you ever touch him again you whore. He. Is. Mine.’ I hiss at her.

‘Oh really. If he was yours then why was he with me last night?’

‘When was he with you?’ I ask pretending to be shocked.

‘We had dinner and then he stayed the night.’ She says smirking.

‘What time?’

‘Dinner time duh.’

‘You are so fucking stupid. He was with me last night moron. Think of a better lie.’ I hiss. ‘Stay the hell away from him or so help me god I will break my foot off in your skanky ass. He doesn’t want you and your slutty ass anymore. Go find someone else to whore with.’

I turn away from them and go to head to my locker only to see a shit ton of people in the hall. I push past them to get to my locker. Once I have my notebook I head back to class. As soon as I sit down I put my head on the desk taking deep breaths to calm down.

I can’t believe that bitch would just lie to my face like that. Ugh. She is such a whore. How in everything that is holy did he even date that bitch is just beyond me.

‘Elizabeth?’ I snap my head up to see Mr. Stephens standing there.

‘Yes sir.’

‘You have detention for the next week. Fighting is not allowed in this school and don’t look at me like that. I saw the entire thing, just be glad you’re only getting detention.’ He says.

I’m not surprised when he winks at me. I have to suppress my chuckle because I know he wouldn’t give me a detention if it wouldn’t come back and bite him in the ass. I nod my head before letting it drop back on the desk.

A few minutes later the bell rings causing me to jump a little. I lift my head up and open my notebook before reaching down for my book out of my book bag. Before I can sit my book down I see there is a note on my desk. I really want to ignore it but with a deep sigh I open it up.

It’s not what it looked like. I swear I was pushing her off of me. You have to trust me. Please. I wouldn’t risk our relationship on the first day, especially after everything we have talked about this morning. –C

I read over Chris’s note for a moment before writing my response and putting it on his desk without looking at him.

I heard most of it but I have to say you could’ve gotten her off of you. I like that you weren’t willing to hurt her, yay you, but I don’t want that bitch touching MY boyfriend ever again. I got a damn weeks’ worth of detention for hitting her. Next time shove her off and find me or a teacher or something. I honestly don’t care but ‘trying’ to get her off of you just isn’t going to cut it next time. Sorry.