Chapter 15

‘What are your intentions with Liz here?’ Erik asked seriously.

‘Seriously guys?’ Chris asks looking at them disbelieving but amusement in his eyes.

‘Yeah we’re serious. She’s an amazing girl and shouldn’t be mistreated.’ Big Vince says.

‘She’s been through a lot and deserves the best. I know she has only just let us in her life and not by her choice. However, just the glimpse we have seen makes us all care deeply for her. She’s an amazing girl but she doesn’t need to be caused any further pain.’ Doug says which makes my jaw fall even further. I look up at Chris to see he has the same shocked expression that I have.

‘Ok, I appreciate ya’lls concern for me I do but I’m a big girl.’ I say walking into the middle of the circle to stand in front of Chris.

‘Liz angel I appreciate you pulling your whole stand up for anyone and everyone but this is something I can handle.’ Chris says pushes me lightly away. ‘Why don’t you text Nicole and see when she’s gonna get here?’

‘Ok.’ I say a little hurt. I mean who wouldn’t be feeling a little hurt? I don’t mean to stand up for anyone and everyone; I just know that I care about him and would do anything for him. I’m so stupid. He’s a guy of course he can take care of himself I know that but I really can’t help that I’m over protective of people that I am close to.

‘Liz angel…’Chris says and when I turn to see what he wants he grabs my wrist pulling me towards him. ‘I didn’t mean it like that angel. I’m sorry it’s really sweet that you would try and stand up for me but I can handle this. These were my friends first.’ He says winking at me making me chuckle. He reaches forward and cups my face in both of his hands. He leans forward and kisses me sweetly making my knees a little weak.

‘Are you sure?’ I ask hesitantly.

‘Angel, I swear it’s fine. I really appreciate the thought but I promise there will only be very few times that I can’t stand up for myself. It’s FINE.’ He sounds out fine making me chuckle again.

‘Ok.’ I say giving him a small smile.

‘Ok.’ He says smiling. He rubs my cheeks briefly before pulling his hands away.

I turn and walk to the front of my truck to grab my book bag and phone. I sit my book bag on the side of the truck and send a quick text to Nicole to see when she’s going to be here.

My phone dings signaling I have a text but right as I’m about to open it I hear a horn honking. I turn around to see Nicole waving animatedly from the driver’s side of her car at all the guys blocking her spot.

‘Move idiots!’ I hear her scream out of her window making me chuckle.

They all jump out of the way when she revs her engine loudly making me laugh. I actually thought it was so funny that with one hand I held my stomach and the other I held onto the truck so I wouldn’t fall. I love my best friend, she’s hilarious.

‘Liz angel, are you ok?’ Chris asks while wrapping his strong arms around my waist. My grip on the truck slips but luckily he is holding me firmly to him.

‘Shoot. I’m ok. I’m ok.’ I say taking deep breaths trying to control my laughter.

‘What. In. The. Hell.’ I snap my eyes to see a shocked Nicole.

‘Oh…um….well…. I was going to…but then…um’ I stop stammering only when Nicole raises a hand to stop me.

‘I’m not mad, ok well only a little, but I will forgive all as long as you share the details ASAP. Understood?’ she asks while tapping her foot expectantly at me.