Chapter 28

'You have to get past this. You aren't eating and you don't leave the hospital. I'm glad that you remember but everyone is really worried about you.' Mikey says while pacing in front of me in the waiting room.

'I don't give a shit about anything anymore Mikey. I just need her to wake up and look at me with those beautiful eyes and smiling face.' I say while running weary hands over my face.

Ever since the memories have returned I'm constantly going through all of them piece by piece. It is killing me to know that your time was just beginning and it was all snatched out of our grasps from a selfish man. I can't stop thinking about her smiling face, or the way her eyes glitter when she's holding in a laugh. I miss watching her bustle around a kitchen, while I am not like some of the old time guys that think a woman needs to stay in a kitchen, she just looks so happy fluttering about cooking. Hell I miss watching her get angry or annoyed with me. Can you tell I'm missing her?

'Listen little brother; I completely understand that you are sitting here pining for her and don't get me wrong I feel for you. But can you honestly tell me right now if she saw you she would be happy. We both know she would freak the hell out and try to hop out of bed to cook you something to eat. She's the mother hen and we all love her for it but you aren't doing her any favors by looking like shit right now. I hate to say this but I am not letting you go back in there until you eat something and take a shower because dude, you wreak.'

'Shut up you know I have been using the shower in her room but I will admit that you are right, she is totally going to be pissed when she sees me but I would rather see that then nothing. I would rather her get up and beat the holy hell out of me than continue the way things are going now. I just need her Mikey, I need her bad.'

'I know Chris and there aren't enough words to express how sorry I am that you are going through this but you can't stop living while she's in that bed. You have to keep moving forward.' He says before taking a seat beside me and slinging an arm around my shoulders. As soon as his words register I shake his arm off my shoulders and stand up before whipping around and giving him the death glare he deserves.

'Don't you dare tell me to move on from her. She's everything to me and I don't give a shit how long I have to wait for her to wake up but let's get one thing clear from here on out and you better listen so you can tell everyone else. I AM NOT MOVING ON WITHOUT LIZ ANGEL BY MY SIDE. I love her and as long as she's in that bed then my place is in this town and by her side and if  you value your jaw not being wired shut I would never say some stupid shit like that again to me or anyone.'

Mikey's next statement is cut off by the sound of running footsteps heading in our direction. I quickly turn around at the same time a upset looking Erik rounds the corner. I sprint halfway down the corridor and wait as he tries to catch his breath but my patience starts wearing thin.

'What's going on, is she OK? Speak man!'

The next words out of his mouth have me sprinting away from Mikey and Erik towards my angel with the words continually repeating in my mind.

'She's awake.'

**Liz's POV** (i know I've missed her!!! XD)

I let my eyelids flutter open slowly only closing them quickly from the burn the light causing them. After a few moments I have fully talked myself into letting my eyes flutter open again. When my eyes adjust to the light I glance around only to realize that I'm in the hospital. As soon as that realization dawns on my all of the images from my father's abuse and the football game come rushing to me causing me to gasp and then put a hand to my side. Damn, my ribs still hurt. Once I push the pain away I look around the room for any signs of life only to realize it's empty. I can't help but feel a little bit hurt at the moment realizing no one's in the room but only a little bit.