Chapter 19

Liz POV

After lunch the rest of my day was pretty calming. I was really excited to see Chris before he went to football practice so I raced to my locker to swap all my books for any that I had homework in. As soon as I had them all switched I closed my locker and turned around to lean my back against it and wait for Chris only to come face to face with Emily.

‘What the hell do you want Emily?’ I ask glaring at her. If looks could kill bitch would be dead.

‘Quit acting all hard your friends aren’t here to have your back. I want you to stay the hell away from Chris. He is MINE. You aren’t worthy of a guy like him.’

‘Oh, I’m so sick of your shit. As cliché as this sounds let’s head to the parking lot so I can beat your boney ass.’ I hiss at her.

‘Fine.’ She says and turns around heading towards the parking lot.

We get to about the middle of the parking lot before she turns around looks like an idiot as she takes all her jewelry off. I roll my eyes at her before tossing my book bag on the ground and pulling a hair tie out of my pocket. I quickly pull my hair into a pony tail and cross my arms waiting for the slut to get ready.

‘Come on all ready. Quit bullshitting around and let’s get this shit started.’ I huff at her impatiently.

‘Oh shut up. You’re just pissed that he’s only with you because your mom’s dead.’

As soon as the words leave her mouth I take the few steps necessary while pulling back my fist snapping it forward and catching her in the right eye. She stumbles for a moment before balancing out and flying at me like a crazed squirrel.

When her body slams into mine I fall to the ground with her crazy ass on top of me. She pulls my hair with one hand and starts scratching at me with her crazy ass nails that right now are equivalent to talons. What the hell, does she file them into daggers or something?

I use one hand to grab the wrist with the hand that is trying to shred my skin off my bones. I use my other hand to punch her in the jaw. I use her shock to roll us over where she is on the bottom and pull my hand back and hit her in the mouth twice before catching her in the nose.

Part of me wants to laugh in her whorish face when I hear the crunch. I admit it was really gross but it was satisfying especially when I hear her wail in pain. I stand up and step away from her where she is curled into a ball. I turn around only to see a large crowd has formed around us.

I look past the crowd when I hear my name being called and I see Chris running as fast as he can to me. He’s almost to me when I start making my way towards him. He breaks through the crowd and wraps me in a bear hug only pulling back when I flinch away from him.

‘Are you ok Liz angel?’ He asks as he pulls back. He looks me from head to toe with concerned filled eyes.

‘I’m fine. I’m just ready to go home.’ I murmur back to him before burying my head into his chest.

He uses one hand to hold the back of my neck and the other to rub up and down my back. He pulls back after a moment to go pick up my back pack before starting to pull me in the direction of my truck. We only get a few feet away from where we are standing before Emily hollers after us.

‘I told you he only pity’s you! I don’t know why he’s with you after you killed your own mother!!’ Her words tear open the old wounds.

I can’t even say anything back to her as the air is shoved from my chest. I reach up and grasp my chest while gasping for air. After a moment I realize that Chris isn’t standing beside me anymore and he dropped my book bag. I quickly lean down picking it up and running towards my truck as fast as I can.

Once I reach my truck I dig my keys out of my bag before unlocking it and throwing my bag in. I quickly start my truck and peel out of the parking lot as silent tears are pouring down my face. I can’t really blame her for what she said since those are the words and thoughts that have haunted me since my mother died.

As soon as I pull into my driveway I see that the gate is open and quickly pull in. When I pull into my spot I slam on the brakes making gravel fly everywhere. I hop out of my truck without grabbing anything only to see Matt, Mikey, Derek and Chase running towards me.

‘I’m fine, I’m going to bed. I’d really appreciate it if you could take care of my chores for me today and just leave me alone.’ I say when they reach me before heading towards the house.

As soon as I’m in the house I run to my father’s office. I dig in his stash of liquor and grab a bottle of whiskey. Once I have that firmly in my hand I sprint to my room when I hear voices in the living room. I can’t face them.

I slam my door closed and lock it quickly so no one can get inside. I rip off the top of the bottle and take a long pull before slamming it down on my desk. I pull out my phone from my back pocket and connect it to my speakers in my room.

START SONG NOW

I search through my songs and set it to a Flyleaf song on repeat. As So I Thought starts flowing through my speakers I pick up my bottle and head towards my bed. When I reach it I sit the bottle down on the bedside table so I can quickly peel my clothes off of my body.

As soon as they are off I open the drawer on my bedside table and pull out my cigarettes quickly lighting one before I climb into my bed. I after every drag of the cigarette I take a deep pull from the bottle that I now have sitting beside me.

Why did she have to leave me? I know it’s all my fault but I need her so much. I need her so much in my life. Everything has been so screwed up since she died. I hear knocking on my bedroom door making me get up slowly heading towards my speakers and phone. I turn up the music as loud as I can before climbing back to my spot on the bed.

*********

that was a sad chapter :( Chris POV next chapter :)

dedicated to a really good writer!! you HAVE to check them out :D i've already dedicated 1 chapter to them and just have to dedicate another one. i LOVE them :P