Motionlessness

Sam's POV

"Ok, last chance, whot he hell do you work for?" Callen asks, glaring at the girl sitting across the table from us. They finally finished up with her at the hospital and she's been in our custody for a week. But she hasn't said a single word since then.

Not a single word.

No "hello" no "goodbye" no "I hate you" or "when can I leave" or even no "what time is it" or "can I have some food." Just silence. It's incredibly creepy. And it's pissing Kensi off. Well, her and the rest of us. All of us, of course, except Deeks. He can't really have an opinion, given his current state.

She turns and smiles at G, her wide eyes innocent. But I see the devious glint in them, and so can he.

"Look, Catarina, we're not buying it. Give it up!" Callen yells, exasperated. Her smile deepens, turning devious. She still says nothing. I turn and look at G, and he glances at me. I sit down across from Catarina and smile softly.

"Look, I'm sorry, he's just emotional. This case is pretty close to home. Catar-I mean, Samantha, could you please tell us wnything you know? Anything would be helpful. Please," I say, staring into her eyes. I see her recognize what we're doing, see her adding it up in her head without even flinching. I sigh and get up after a few more moments of silence. I glance at G and he shakes his head.

Cross that off of our ever-shortening list of interrogation techniques we can use on her. No good-cop bad-cop. We only have one left and we've been at this for hours. I nod at G and see a glint in his eyes. This one's his favorite.

"Look, Catarina, if you don't tell us what you know and who hired you, we will be forced to take strong measures to get you to talk. Strong, harsh measures if you catch my drift. So please, just tell us what you know."

She sits, unmoving, smiling at us. No words. She knows we won't hurt her. She's a kid. Even vicious, cold-blooded murderers and serial killers don't kill children. That's the one thing they won't do. And we won't do it either. No one will. They would rather quit than torture a kid.

So would I.

So would everyone.

After a few more minutes of unmoving silence, I open the door and walk out, feeling G behind me. I think I'm gonna go crazy if I have to stand in the same room as that girl for one more minute.

I walk over to sit at the table and stop abruptly when I see Kensi sitting there, staring at the monitor. G bumps into my back from my sudden halt as I hear the door slam shut behind him.

"Kens, what are you doing here?" I ask, ignoring Callen's aggrivated look from making him bump into me.

"Well, Deeks still isn't awake, so I figured I'd be of more use to you guys. I just can't sit in that hospital one more day, staring at his silent, sad, unmoving body...." she trails off, smiling weakly at us. I walk over and she stands up as I give her a hug.

"You're being strong Kensi; stronger than any of us. Thank you," I say, pulling back. She smiles and nods her head slightly at her. The girl I used to work with is gone from her eyes. Vanished. She looks exhausted, like she hasn't slept in weeks, and she never smiles. Not for real, not like she used to. She used to glow, she used to light up a whole room, but now it seems like she just wants to curl up in a ball and give up. And that's not the Kensi I know.

But that's just how she looks. She still acts like Kensi. She's not happy anymore, which was a lot of her personality, but she's still roughly the same. She's tough, threatening, sexy, funny, caring, and supportive. But she's still not happy. And only one person can fix that.