Love Makes All Unsafe

Kensi's POV

*****FLASHBACK********

"So....when can we get Sam and Deeks back?" I ask Hetty, annoyed I don't have my partner. "Soon, Ms. Blye. I have just dicovered what happened to them and I am trying to fix it." Hetty responds.

"Ok, can I at least know why he's locked up?!" I ask. "Well, Mr. Hanna was arrested because someone called an anonymous tipline to say that there was a raid of a young woman's house going on and that a large African American man was going to kill her. The discription they gave was a spitting image of Sam." I look at her, confused. "The young woman...was me? But Sam didn't shoot me, someone else did!"

"Yes, Ms. Blye, I know that, but the police don't. That's what I'm trying to tell them. The gun that shot you was booby-trapped to go off the second you opened the door. I don't know how they knew it would be you who walked throught the door, but it was," she says, looking as confused as she can.

"And this has to do with Deeks how?" I ask. "Deeks tried to help Sam in a more.....aggressive nature. He punched 3 police officers, knocking two of them out before he was contained. He also became very upset by something he saw and kept yelling 'Kensi, run! Leave her alone, Brian! Leave her out of this!' It was quite bizzare."

A dozen images flash through my mind. I replay the event in my head over and over again, but nothing seems to click. I walk away puzzled.

"Your welcome, Ms. Blye!" Hetty calls after me, then mumbles under her breath, "Do they ever learn manners?"

But all I know is that Deeks is protecting me from someone, and until they let him out of jail, one thing's for sure.

I'm not safe.