Chapter 20

Time is a curious thing. It's passing would go unnoticed if it weren't for the aging of the things around it. For me, time ceases to exist. I cannot feel it's passing for I, nor anything around me is affected  by its spell. Nothing changes not my appearance or my kingdom. It's stands just as proudly as the day he left it. My existence is lonely but just the thought of his return calms me. We hadn't had a chance to really get to know each other but our bond is unbreakable and will be forever.

I protect his kingdom- our kingdom- with everything I have. I rule it fairly just as he did and it's not an easy job but it must be done. I often feel sadness at the thought of Hades doing this all by himself for such a long time. If the burden was shared it would surely be a much better existence. I always remind myself that one day he'll return to me and this kingdom will no longer be ruled by one person alone.

I no longer remember my true age or how long it's been since that day as I've lost track but with forever ahead those trivial facts don't seem as important as they once did. The only indication of time around me is the presence of new souls that waft in everyday. I haven't been back in the human world so I can't be sure of its current affairs but one day I would love to visit it again with him.

As time passes my love and longing for Hades just seems to grow and for all I know he's been beside me all along, invisible to my eyes but still there watching and guiding me. Although it would sure be nice if he could let me know if he's around I don't hold my breath that, that will happen.

And so, I wait. That is all I can do.

"Come back to me soon." I whispered into the dark.