Chapter 16

"When I came to I wasn't in the garden anymore. I was laying in bed.

How did I get here?

I moved to get up and a sharp pain thrummed through my left arm and I suddenly remembered what I had seen , except I wasn't sure exactly what it was that I saw.

Did he kill that creature? Should I be afraid of Hades or just cautious?

I decided I'm going to let him explain himself first before running away from him. If you run from your problems you'll never solve them.

I slowly rose from the bed while cradling my wounded arm that someone had half-hazardly wrapped in gauze. The bandage did nothing to stop any bleeding and the crinsom blood was soaking through the white wrappings. Luckily I didn't think it was broken. But I needed to clean it before I got an infection then stop the bleeding and stich it up if it was too deep.

On the other hand I could just find a professional doctor to do it for me as I had very little first aid training and would probably make matters worse if I tried to fix it myself. Afterwords I would find Hades and get everything sorted out.

I walked into the bathroom and the first aid kit was conviniently resting on the edge of the sink, already open with its contents spilled out and onto the pristine white counter top. Whoever had wrapped my arm had obviously gotten their supplies here.

I slowly unwrapped my arm and the sight before me was horrifying. My arm was mutilated almost beyond repair. The creatures sharp teeth had destroyed the delicate flesh on my once blemish free arm. When it healed I was going to have huge, jagged scars. I looked like I had gotten in a fight with a lion.

Cleaning it is gonna hurt like a bitch I thought.

"Just gotta do it quick" I said over and over as a sort of mantra to give me some bravery.

I grabbed the bottle rubbing alcohol and when I opened it the pungent smell filled the air around me. I held my arm over the sink and dumped almost the whole bottle on my exposed wound.

The result was me screaming bloody murder at the top of my lungs that could most likely be heard across the mansion-like house. I had tears streaming down my face.

That felt like hell. I wish whoever had wrapped my arm has done this for me while I was passed out instead of leaving me alone with a possibly fatal wound. I grabbed a wad of gauze and applied pressure to my throbbing laceration.

That was a bad idea. Simple as that. But it's better than having to get it amputated or something extreme like that because I got gangrene or another type of infection because I didn't clean it. I peeked at the wound and it had stopped bleeding. It was pretty deep so I would need stiches but after that fiasco I realize that it would be a bad idea to do it myself when I could barely handle cleaning it.

Suddenly I heard the bedroom door slam open smashing against the wall making a resounding echo throughout the room and bathroom.
Then I heard Hades yelling frantically for me.

"Avangeline! Oh god where are you? Ava!"

I heard him practically destroying the room in his search. So I quickly exited the bathroom.

"Hades calm down I'm right here. "

"Thank goodness" he said as he strode towards me wrapping me in his arms. Only letting go when I let out a yelp of pain when he squeezed my injured arm. He quickly jumped back a look of realization on his face.

"Crap. Your arm I'm sorry. Don't worry I have a friend coming to fix you right up. He led me to the edge of the bed and halped me settle onto it.

Why were you screaming? I left for under five minutes then I heard you and came as fast as I could. "