Chapter 5

"Uhhm I have another question" I told Hades.

"Is Thantos a first name, a nickname or a last name?"

"I just told you I was a god and could control spirits and such and you're worried about my friend Thantos?" He replied with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah" I said laughing awkwardly.
"I mean I do have some other questions but that was the first one that came to mind" I said trying to sound nonchalant.

"Well if you must know Thantos is a last name his first name is Creon.

When he said that I sighed in relief. I didn't know anyone in my family tree with that name. Moving on I decided to have some of my other questions answered.

"What is an anima and what does it have to do with me?" I asked him.

"I'll answer that next time I see you. Right now I need to go, I have business to attend to at home" he told me.

"Oh you plan on seeing me again huh?" I replied with a sly grin as I  would very much like to see this handsome man again, not that I'd ever tell him that.

"Of course. Until next time" he said as he brushed the back of his hand against my cheek and disappeared before my eyes.

I gently put my hand against the cheek he had touched. When his skin came in contact with mine it had sent a feeling of warmth and calmness rushing through me. It felt like home and I hadn't felt that in years.
Sitting back against my seat I tried to process everything that had happened but there was just too much. Standing up I decided a walk would do me good. So I left the cafe locking up before I went and got into my car.

I drove to a nearby park and walked across the parking lot and started following my favorite trail that lead through the woods surrounding the area. I had been coming here since I was fifteen when I needed time to myself, or to figure things out.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that someone was trailing me. Making a quick decision I turned and took the trail to the right that branched off from the one I was on and it allowed me to see who was behind me without looking to suspicious.
As I glanced towards them I noticed that it wasn't a spirit but had an aura much like Hades. I slowed my walking turned and headed towards them. I know what you're thinking "why would you walk towards someone unknown? Ever heard of stranger danger?" But I was extremely curious as to whom it was and I was sure they wouldn't hurt me (said everyone in a horror movie who ever ended up in a situation like mine and died.)

As I neared them they stopped walking and looked as if they were waiting for me. I also noted that it was a female and she seemed to be dressed in hunting garb from some time long ago.
Once I was upon her she spoke quietly as if I would be frightened of her if she talked any louder.

"My name is Diana. "I was sent to protect you from harm on behalf of Hades."