Chapter 7

I woke up to silence and darkness. But it was not a result of my usual nightmare. Actually I don't think I even had a nightmare. That dumbfounded me.

What woke me up then? Slowly I got up from the couch realizing that I must have passed out there shortly after arriving home yesterday. I walked to the window and peeked out. Diana wasn't there anymore. I didn't know whether to feel relieved that she was gone because she made me feel like a prisoner in my own home or nervous as she was supposedly protecting me from...something.

I scanned the living room and connected dining room searching for anyone or anything. At first glance I didn't notice a thing but by my second sweep of the two rooms I noticed something standing in the corner by the t.v.

Two eyes glowed staring at me, and had probably watched me as I slept because they were at a perfect vantage point to the couch. I started groping the wall by the window I was standing at, looking for the light switch. The moonlight was leaking in behind me but not providing nearly enough light to see the intruder.

I knew that screaming wouldn't do me any good because as I once stated I lived in the middle of nowhere and had no neighbours. I found the light and switched it on tightly closing my eyes as the bright light illuminated the room momentarily blinding me.

By the time my eyes adjusted whatever was in the corner was gone. Or maybe I was just imagining it. I wasn't ready to rule out anything at this moment though. I did a quick search of the house and yet again found nothing. Deciding I was safe for the time being I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water.

Maybe I'll stay at Raine's house tomorrow. Or actually today I thought staring at the clock that read 2:24 AM in bold red font.

"I really need a full nights sleep" I said out loud to myself.

"Then go back to bed" I heard a someone say.

I whirled towards the voice with a loud, unattractive screech dropping my glass of water in the process shattering it off the tile floor and scattering the glass everywhere.

Quickly the light turned on revealing that the voice belonged to Hades. I backed up a step not thinking about the glass shards winking up at me from the floor and let out a loud gasp as I felt it imbed itself into the bottom of my left foot.

I ceased my movements as pain shot up my leg and watched as Hades rapidly made his way to my side then effortlessly lifted me up onto the counter top beside us.

"Are you okay? Did you cut yourself?" He asked looking me over, his eyes stopping at my bleeding foot.

"Where's your first aid kit?"

"Under the sink."

As he grabbed it and turned towards me I stopped his advance holding my hands out in a stop motion.

"Don't come near me. You shouldn't even be in my house. I dont even really know you. What are you doing here?"

"I stopped by to make sure you were safe."

"How long have you been in my house?"

"About four hours" he said.

"So you've been watching me sleep?" "You're such a creep, get out of my house right now or I'll call the cops!"

I moved to get off the counter to grab my phone, but he stopped me pinning me atop the counter with him standing in between my legs.

"Wait just hear me out" he said.

I barely caught his words seeing I was a bit distracted by our current position and if I was quite honest with myself I didn't mind one bit. Quickly shaking myself out of my stupor, I remembered that I was mad.

"Explain yourself then I haven't got all day" I told him in the most disinterested voice I could muster. I'm sure it wasn't very convincing though because I was still a bit flustered.

"Like I said earlier I came to check on you. Once I saw you were safe I was going to leave but I got distracted and didn't notice how long I had been standing there. I'm sorry for startling you."

"What distracted you?" I asked.

"You" he simply stated.
"Now let me fix your foot up then I'll leave if you want me to "