Chapter 12

"I will" I told him.

"Thank the gods I was worried you'd say no."

"Why would I say no?"

"Well I'm complicated and I run the whole underworld. It's a lot to handle or undertake" he told me.

"I'm willing to try" I said

He looked at me with an expression that I didn't understand and suddenly his lips were on mine, his hands gently cradling my face. As he started to pull away due to my lack of response I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulled him back towards me and kissed him hard.

I had fallen for him. There was no question of that now and it seems he had fallen for me just as hard. I had never felt this way towards anyone. There was still so much I needed to sort through and figure out, but right now I didn't want to do any of that. I just wanted to kiss the man that had enraptured me completely. I was lost in him and I don't think I ever wanted to be found.

He slowly pulled away allowing me to breathe and rested his forehead against mine our heavy breathing was the only sound that could be heard.
"Thank you" he whispered.

He leaned back on the couch taking me with him. My head was resting on his chest and he was running his fingers through my hair. If he kept it up I would fall asleep again within a few minutes.

"Ava I know it's probably way to soon, but I'm going to ask anyways. Will you move in with me? I can't spend too much time away from the underworld and I don't want to be so far away from you."

I thought about it for a few minutes. I figured it would happen eventually if we were truly meant to be. Still I had only known Hades for a short time but there wasn't much I would be leaving behind either other than my friend Sophie. She was recently married though and was planning on moving soon anyways and with today's technology we could still keep in contact. The only thing holding me back was this house. It was my parents and I didn't want to sell it.

"What about the house? " I asked.

"You don't have to sell it if that's what you're worried about. We can keep it kinda like a vacation house if you want."

"Then I'll move in with you" I said while staring into his eyes.

We stayed in that position gazing at each other for quite some time but it felt like only a few seconds to me. Every time I looked at him I noticed something new. He had a light dusting of freckles across his nose and when the light hit his eyes just right they turned into molten gold. It didn't seem possible that someone so beautiful should be interested in me, much less exist. But here he was, with me wrapped in his arms.

"I'll have some of my servants come and move all your stuff over later" he said.
"Would you like to go on a walk?"

"Sure let me just go get changed" I responded while getting up.

I put on a pair of blue jeans, an old hoodie and a pair of sneakers and I met Hades at the foot of the stairs where I grabbed my coat and a beanie.

"Are you not going to put a coat on?" I asked him when I noticed he was still just wearing a t-shirt.

"Nope don't need one."

"Why not?" I asked as we walked out the door and headed towards one of the paths that went through the woods.

"It doesn't bother me. Nothing does except for you. I generally can't feel the weather. But your skin is warm."

"Oh. Well okay then. So you have servants?"

" Yeah. It's just a few spirits that volunteered to work for me a long time ago. They said they were bored and well I needed a housekeeper and such and they were happy to do it."

"So they're happy?"

"Yes I think they are."

We kept walking along in a comfortable silence until we came upon a fork in the path. Just as we were about to take the left side a spirit formed directly in front of me, grabbed me and suddenly I wasn't in the woods with Hades anymore.

I was in a small cell like room. It had no windows and the only way out was a large metal door. I slowly scanned the room to find that the spirit was nowhere to be found. I quickly figured out that the door was locked as well. I glanced around again hoping to find something that I could pick the door lock with, even though I had no idea how to do that but I had watched enough spy movies that I just might me able to. There was nothing. Just a small metal framed bed and a toilet in the corner.

Great. This is just great I thought. As far as I was aware I hadn't made any spirits mad recently. Actually I haven't seen any since Lamar in the cafe. So why the heck did one decide to scoop me up? Apparently it's just not my week.

In frustration I plopped down on the bed with the springs shrieking in protest. I guess I just have to wait then. Either Hades will find me or the person who kidnapped me with come to talk to me. I hope it's the first one that happens though.