Chapter 6

Diana was sent to protect me? What in the world do I have to be protected from? I've survived on my own for years.

"Thanks but I don't need any protection I'll be fine on my own I appreciate the offer though" I told Diana.

"You don't really have a choice in this matter maiden. I owe Hades a favor and he came to collect so I will protect you whether you want me to or not" she replied.

"Uhh well okay then. "So.....are you just gonna follow me around everywhere?" I asked.

"Indeed I will"

"For how long?" I asked.

"As long as necessary. Now go back to what you were doing people are starting to stare because you look like you're crazy, talking to yourself." She stated.

That shut me up and I turned and followed the trail back to my car avoiding as many of the curious eyes that followed me as possible.

Once I got into my car I noticed that Diana was just standing nearby so I rolled down my window and asked,

"Are you gonna get in?"

"No I have my own transportation" she said and disappeared in what looked like forest green smoke leaving nothing behind.

Sighing I pulled out of the parking lot and headed home mumbling to myself about a certain crazy ass god, weird protectors, and pesky spirits that got me into this mess in the first place.

When I pulled up to the driveway, Diana was standing on the porch scanning the surrounding woods looking for what I didn't know. It was rare for anyone to come to this area other than some hunters who've walked off of their trail and gotten lost. There was just too much undergrowth and my house sat in the only clearing for the next ten miles all around.

I slowly got out of the car and headed towards the house. Before I could walk through the door I felt someone grab my elbow and turn me around to face them. It was Diana but her face had a more serious look to it. More so than earlier when I had met her.

"I'll be watching the house from out here. Stay away from the windows, lock the doors and if you see any animals lurking outside ignore them. They are helping me keep an eye on you" she said and released me, lightly shoving me towards the front door.

"She takes her job way to seriously" I thought walking inside and settling myself on the couch for who knows how long. Honestly though what does she think she's protecting me from? We are literally in the middle of nowhere. My house was about thirty minutes away from the nearest town for God's sake! What did she mean she has animals helping keep an eye on me? "
She must have a dog or something" I told myself even though that probably wasn't the answer to my question. Too many new things had happened today that I wasn't prepared for and shouldn't exist. So if I had to lie to myself to keep sane, then that's what I'd do.

What is happening to my life? I knew I wasn't completely normal but I did or I used to live a normal life. Why all this craziness now?