Chapter 13

Boredom. That was what I was dealing with right now. I had been sitting in this dingy, little room for ages. Hades never came and my kidnapper never showed their face. At this point I was ready to break something. I was angry as  well. Why bother kidnapping someone if your just gonna leave them in a room.

"Hey if anyone can hear me right now I could really use a coloring book or something" I called out to the empty room.

No response. This sucks.

"SCREW YOU RANDOM ASS OF A SPIRIT THAT LEFT ME HERE!" I screamed.

Well that made me feel a little better.

"You know it's rude to call people names" a man said as he walked through the door. 

He was tall with icy blue eyes and long blonde hair that brushed his shoulders. He was also well built and was wearing a navy blue suit.

"Yeah well it's rude to kidnap people."

"Fair enough but I have my reasons."

"Mind explaining them then?"

"Sure. Hades has something I want so I'm going to use you to get it" he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Seriously you couldn't just ask him for it? You had to have a spirit grab me and leave me in this room?  I was having such a good day too."

"I highly doubt he would give me his ring of the soul if I merely asked" he said.

"Uh what's the ring of the soul?" I asked.

"It's a ring that has a jewel containing the soul of the one person other than Hades who has been to Tarturus and escaped. I need to retrieve someone from Tarturus and that ring can help me do so."

"Obviously if they are in Tarturus they were put there for a reason and should stay there."

"Maybe so but nevertheless I'm going to get that ring even if I have to kill you to do so."

That made me nervous. Why is everyone threatening to kill me lately? It's not helping to lower my stress level at all.

"You just sit tight here while I go call your dear anima" the man told me as he exited the room locking the door behind him.

Hmph I hope Hades gives him a black eye.  Nothing should be so important that you'd kill for it. That's just my philosophy. All I want to do is go home. Wether it be mine or Hades.

  I wonder what his house looks like? Is it large and extravagant? Or small and modest? I'm leaning more towards the first one just because he's this big powerful god and probably entertains other similar beings from time to time and would want to make a good impression I suppose.

We've only been separated for a few hours at most but I miss him. The fact that I don't know when or if I will see him again makes me miss him even more. I hate having to be the damsel in distress but I had no way of getting out of this myself so hopefully he comes for me soon.

************

I woke up so the sounds of things banging and smashing. I must have fallen asleep soon after Blondie left.  It was hard for me to distinguish between all the noises coming from outside but I did hear someone yelling:

"Find the queen!"

Right before the door to the room was literally ripped off of the hinges. Two angry spirits wearing army uniforms entered the room in an angry flurry but seemed to instantly calm down once they saw me on the other side of the room.

"My Queen" the said in unison and bowed.

"It's not safe here. We've come to bring you home while Hades takes care of things outside. Would you please take my hand" the one on the left asked stretching his hand towards me.
It's better than being here I thought so I got up and grabbed his hand.

I was transported to a new room, but this one was much grander than my cell and had actual furniture. The walls were a deep blue with a light grey trim. It was double the size of my room at home.

In one corner was a large bookshelf filled with books of all shapes and colors and near it was a small couch. In the middle of the room was a queen sized bed with navy and grey sheets. The dresser next to it was white and there were two white doors on the far wall across from the bed. One I assumed lead to the bathroom and the other probably lead to a closet.  It was definitely a guys room. I could tell by the color scheme and the lack of feminine artifacts lying about.

"This is Hades room my lady. He should be home shortly. A maid will be by momentarily to get you anything you may need. Your personal articles have been moved into the closet and bathroom. Welcome home." One of the spirits said before they both disappeared.

True to his word I heard a knock a few moments later and opened the door to find a young spirit in a maids outfit standing outside.
"Hello my lady. I'm Amoura your maid. If you need anything at all anytime, call for me and I shall be there.

"Okay thank you Amoura. You can call me Ava."

"Alright then" she said with a large smile lighting up her face.

"You are a perfect match for Lord Hades. I shall take my leave now. Goodbye Ava." She said and disappeared like the others.

I was alone again but not for too long because Hades walked through the door. Without thought I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me tightly as he kissed the top of my head.

"I missed you" I said.

"And I missed you 'agapi mu'. I'm sorry I put your life in danger again. You shouldn't have been taken.

"It's not your fault it's Blondie's. You didn't know he'd do that."

"Who's Blondie?" He asked.

"He's that asshat who had me kidnapped. "

"Ah. His name is Ryder. His many greats grandfather resides in Tarturus because he wiped out an entire county  a long time ago so this is his punishment. But Ryder was hell bent on sneaking him out so he could tell him where the family fortune is or something ridiculous like that but he's been taken care of and locked away in a prison for the time being so you don't have to worry about him anymore."

"So I'm not gonna be in another life or death situation again tonight?" I asked in a joking manner.

"Not if I can help it."