Chapter 9

I'm so sorry I'm taking so long to update.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Hades" I called nervously to which I received no response. I was rapidly becoming more and more panicked as the god before me was starting to solidify. I slowly started backing up when suddenly the god uttered

"Stop mortal or I'll kill you on the spot."

Right then all I could think was: I'm dead. So dead.

When the god was fully formed he was about seven feet tall and packed with muscle, his body wrapped in armor. I could've sworn just one bicep was bigger than me. His face was worn looking and he was covered in scars of all kinds. I had definitely picked the wrong throne to fall upon. Why couldn't I have touched the one five paces back that was covered in flowers and happiness? Life was not on my side today.

"Why have you summoned me? I hope it was important or your life is  in danger" he said while glaring down at me.

"Uhhh well you see... I was just wandering around and I tripped I didn't mean to bother you, I'm sorry." I told him speaking so fast it was almost impossible to understand a word that was said.

He looked at me in disbelief and that was the moment I knew I was majorly screwed. There was no talking my way out of this one, so I did the next best thing I screamed for Hades and I could only hope he answered this time. I watched as the man in front of me slowly advanced towards me an evil glint in his eye.

"So you're Hades girl huh? Gods knows he wouldn't bring just any human to Olympus, so I'm guessing you're his anima aren't you?"

"Y-yes" I stuttered.

"Darn. That means I can't touch a hair on your pretty head. I wouldn't want the wrath of hell at my doorstep now would I?" "Oh well" he sighed. "Until next time."
Then he vanished just as he had appeared.

That was too close for comfort I thought, and where the hell was Hades? Pun not intended. Once I find him I'm going to rip him a new one because as far as I was aware he kinda wanted me alive. I turned and headed towards the last place a saw him making sure that I didn't touch another throne on my way there.

When I was a couple of feet from his throne I saw him talking to a woman. She was tall and model thin. Long black hair framed a heart shaped face and her skin was olive toned which complimented her dark green eyes. She was gorgeous, and if I were to tell the truth I was jealous of her. She had her hand resting on his shoulder and I could hear them both laughing at something she had just said.

I slowly made my way over to the pair. The woman noticed me first and sent me a smirk that went unnoticed by Hades. Her smug little grin made my blood boil. I could already tell we weren't going to get along in least.
Hades quickly noticed her diverted attention and turned to look at me.

"Ava you're back. Did you enjoy you're adventure?" he asked with a slight laugh. "Oh I'm being rude Ava this is Proserpina." He said gesturing to the snotty goddess.

"Hello" I said in a clipped tone. "Hades I want to go home right now."

"Wow someone's bossy" Proserpina said.

"Yeah well as I just about died a few minutes ago, I'm not in the mood to conversate. Forgive me." I said in the most sarcastic and sassy voice I could muster up.

"Wait what?" Hades asked.

"It doesn't matter, just please let's leave."

"Okay but I want you to explain later. Goodbye Prosy" he said to the goddess as he materialized us back to my house.

He gave her a freaking nickname. I know I shouldn't be, but rationality out the window I hated that brat.

Once I regained my bearings I stomped into the kitchen to make myself one strong cup of coffee. I figure I'm going to need it. I stood in the kitchen brooding while I waited for the coffee to finish. Once it was done I took my cup and walked passed the living room where Hades was seated on my couch, and went upstairs, ignoring Hades calls for me to come back and talk to him.

The silent treatment seemed like a good plan of action to me. I was hurt that he was talking to a flirty woman while I was in a life of death situation. He had to have been so fixated on "Prosy" to not have heard my screams. I was also a bit salty. She was a beautiful woman and I definitely couldn't compete with my boring average looks. I sat on my bed wallowing in self pity to the sounds of Hades knocking on my door which I hadn't planned on opening for the rest of the night.