Chapter 11

I woke up on the couch covered in the blanket I had put on Hades earlier this morning. That means he must have carried me downstairs. Kinda embarrassing too cause he probably figured I was watching him with the position I fell asleep in this morning.

I could smell cinnamon in the air and I could hear someone cooking so I got up to investigate. In the kitchen stood Hades. He was freshly showered and had on a new pair of blue jeans and a tight, crimson red shirt in which I could see every ripple of muscle in his back every time he moved around the kitchen. He was hot.

"Take a picture it'll last longer" he said breaking me out of my reverie.

I had been caught and I could feel a blush rising into my cheeks... again.

"Uhhh so what are you making?" I asked in attempts to change topics.

"French Toast, bacon and eggs."

"Oh did you go to the store?" I asked because I knew I didn't have any if the ingredients to make that.

"Yeah I went home and changed then stopped off at the store on my way here. "

"Oh well thank you. "

"You're welcome" he said as he started dishing up plates.

"No bacon for me please"

"You don't like bacon? He said with a raised eyebrow.

"No I'm a vegetarian"

"Oh okay no problem. That means more for me"

We sat down at my small dinning room table with a comfortable silence while we ate.
"Thank you for the pillow and blanket."

"You're welcome I would've let you sleep on the couch but you wouldn't wake up."

"Oh, I'm a pretty deep sleeper" he said while rubbing his neck and for some reason he wouldn't look at me which lead me to believe he was hiding something, but I wasn't sure.

"You know every time I start to learn a little more about you and your world we always get interrupted somehow."

"Yeah I've noticed that as well. I guess I just keep answering your questions whenever possible and we hope for the best. By the way what exactly did happen to you yesterday in the throne room?"

"Well I was walking along and suddenly I tripped. I don't know how but I did and when I fell I accidentally grabbed a throne. The owner of said throne wasn't very keen on letting me live until he found out I was "your girl." Which by the way I called for help more than once and got no response from you."

"Shit. I am so sorry. I didn't hear you at all. I should've paid more attention. Do you know who's throne it was? I'll go take care of them right now" he said in an angry huff partly at himself and partly towards the god who almost killed me.

"It's fine. I'm fine so I forgive you. I don't know the god's name but he had the bloody throne with weapons and war scenes."

"Ares. That asshole I'm going to lock him in Tartarus for a few years and see how he likes it. He shouldn't of even threatened you."

"Wait no leave him be. He didn't know. Heck I didn't even know that I was so important to you that you would bring hell to someone's doorstep for me."

"I would do that and more 'agapi mu'. "
"What does that even mean?"

"It's my love in greek"

"Oh" I said blushing yet again.

I really need to get a handle on this blushing thing. There should be an on off switch I swear. How does one respond to something like that? Focus Ava just ask him a question. Anything. Just don't sit in silence I thought to myself.

"What's an anima?"

"I'll explained but please be open minded about it." He said and we went and sat on the couch the rest of our breakfast forgotten.

"Okay I'll try."

"A long time ago the Titans were created. They were violent and destructive. Together they ruled the earth before the time of the humans. Their leader was my father. He was told that one day one of his children would dethrone him. His solution to that problem was to swallow each of us whole after were born and as we are immortal we lived on within him as gross as that sounds.

One day my mother tricked him into eating a stone rather than my brother Zeus and once he was old enough, he freed us from our father and together we took down all the titans that opposed us, locking then away forever in Tartarus; a black hole that resides in my kingdom. I am the only one able to enter and find my way back out from it but barely.

In reward for purging the earth of their evil, the Fates let us rule the earth. They also gave each of us a gift.
This gift was a soul mate. We were told they would complete us and our love would be binding and last forever. We would never be able to fall in love with anyone else. They are perfect for us. Our soul mate could be any living being in existence including other gods and goddesses, nymphs, humans ect and everyone has a different name for them. Mine just happens to be anima and my anima is you."

"B-but how can you be sure? I'm nothing special so why me?"

"I could tell because when I first set eyes on you I saw the most beautiful woman in the world. No-one compared to you. You were a beacon of light that penetrated the darkness of my life. Everything about you was perfect from your voice to your demeanor. I could barely tear my eyes away from you. You were different. I didn't know how until I saw you taking to that spirit in the cafe. That was when I realized just how special you were. You would make the perfect queen. You could rule by my side in the underworld."

" The only thing I could ask of you now is that you accept me. All of me even the parts that I have yet to explain." "It is your choice and yours alone."
"So Avangeline Thantos, will you accept me?"

"I-i..."