one

2013

"Harry..." Niall cooed softly, nosing along his cheek, small hand matted in the mop of curls.

Harry took a sharp intake of air through his nose, arms raising over his head, stretching his numb limbs with a soft grunt. His lips smack a few times, ridding the morning residue in his mouth, eyes opening. "Mornin' sleepy head..." the younger blonde hummed -- leaning in closer to hover over him. He allowed their noses to brush, giggling as they shook their heads -- giving each other eskimo kisses.

Harry, now grinning largely, his cheeks warming up with the affection already being shown this morning. Niall giggled again, pulling away and swinging his leg around the others' waist, straddling him. The older curly haired male hummed happily, left palm resting on the blonde's thigh, other resting on his own chest. They sat there for a moment, quietly gazing at one another. Niall noticed that these terrors have been, so much more frequent and violent. 

Especially violent. The things that Harry has told him, the things that the voices tell him...It's truly disturbing. Niall doesn't want his best friend to ever have to go through that. He's always been there for Harry,  and he wants to always be there for him. No matter what. Mainly because Harry has always been there for him, plus he really adores him.

Not a lot of people talk to the same friends after high school ends, yet that was different for Niall and Harry. They were always attached at the hip, studying together and spending the night at one anothers' house.

"Hey, Harry?" Niall broke the silence softly. The emerald eyed babe hummed a bit in reply, pulling himself closer. "Have ya' noticed how t'ese t'ings ---" he starts, lightly tapping Harry's temple. "T'ey've been gettin' worse, bug...." the blonde whispers, gulping softly.

Harry nods slowly, avoiding eye contact. Niall however lets his finger slide down the firm jaw of the other, tapping his chin so he'd look. "I don' like it," there were traces of sadness creasing Niall's voice, which earned Harry's attention quickly.

"Shh, Ni--"

"No, I don' like it at all, I get scared ya'know? I hate seein' you in such pain," he whimpers as Harry sits up and pulls him into a hug. "I don't like it either, but there's nothing to do besides----" he said softly into his blonde locks, not wanting to finish his sentence. Niall shook his head, biting his lesser lip. "Yer' never gunna end up t'ere again, no I won't let you, n-no.." he whispered, cupping Harry's cheeks.

"You can come stay wit' me, Harry. We can eat breakfast and t'en pack yer' stuff and ye' can stay wit' me fer' a while." he whispered, sniffling softly. Harry's ears perked and he nodded at the idea. "Please? That'd be great, but...How long d'ya think I'd stay?" he whispered, biting his lesser petal.

"As long as you'd want." Ni hummed, leaning in to cuddle him."I'd have to move in, then." Harry let out a breathy chuckle, and Niall giggled. "As long as you help pay..." The blonde sniggered, earning an eye roll from Harry.

"M' jus' kiddin', boothang." his blue eyes were gleaming with amusement, hopping off of his friend to make breakfast.