eighteen

Niall grabbed the annoying phone as he woke from slumber, cold and tired. "Hullo?" he grumbled, eyes shut.

"Hi. A flyer of yours caught my attention. It seems you're looking for Harry Styles, right?"

Niall shot up out of bed. "Yes, yes I am!" the blonde whimpered, tears filling his eyes. "Please, have you seen him? I n-need my Harry.." Niall whimpered, listening for the male voice to respond.

"Well, yes. It's strange, you don't know where he is?"

Niall sighed, rubbing his eyes. "We got into a huge fight and I messed up...Real bad and I need ta' find him. He ran out and I've called and I can't find him." he whimpered, rocking himself.

"Well. That make's more sense. I know where he is. He turned himself in at St. Gregors' Hospital. The mental hospital. He has schizophrenia."

Oh, how he felt at ease, yet, his heart tore up. Harry dreaded that place, he feared it and hearing that he's turned himself in? He wept, standing up. "T'ank you, so much...How did you find out?" Niall asked, grabbing new clothes and starting a shower as he talked.

"I work there. I'm nurse or assistant... Liam Payne. He barely eats, so for the past few weeks I've been slipping him extra food. He's in real bad shape, if I'm honest. All he talks about is how cold the world is and how he should be getting over it, but he can't."

Niall thanked him a generous amount of times, wiping his eyes and sniffling. "I'll be there as fast as possible, thank you!" he smiled, hanging up and stripping down fast.

Harry's groaning as he groggily wakes up, head tipped back in exhaustion. "Wakey, wakey. Today's a big day," L. Payne walks in, holding a tray with pain meds, water and food. Harry smiled, standing up and thanking the male, downing the pills with the cool relief of water.

L. Payne left shortly after, shutting the door. He ate in bliss, ravishing the flavor of the delicious grilled cheese. He finished up, before his father made another appearance, Harry's lip curling into a snarl. "What do you want now?"

Mr. Styles laughed, shaking his head. "You are a pathetic fuck. I'm ashamed to call you my son. You're just a horny teen, huh? Looking to plow any pretty face you find." His words created so much anger within Harry, he was tugging on his chains.

"Fuck you! I'm more ashamed to know that you're my blood father! I'm ashamed I have a crude, disgusting, cruel, vile son of a bitch as my father, who left my family with an excuse of 'they needed a dash of reality.' Wake up, dad! Wake up! You don't need to fucking hurt everyone!" Harry screamed, staring at the boy in front of him. His father was no man. He was a coward, a boy.

"Shut your mouth, boy." he growled, hand raising as multiple slaps were applied to his face, punches right in his abdomen.

"Stop!"

Harry froze, along with Dr. Styles' fist. Harry visibly trembled, hands gripping the chains. "N-Now I'm hearing him, I'm hearing him.." Harry shook his head, eyes clenched shut.

"I should 'ave you fuckin' arrested! Abusing patients, tha's illegal!" Niall ran in, glaring at the doctor. Harry opened his eyes, staring at the source of the voice. "Get out!" Harry felt tears well in his eyes, staring down at the man who made his chest warm up since Christmas. He looked so beautiful, so tired, yet so gorgeous. Dr. Styles left, shutting the door behind him. Niall looked up at Harry, eyes wide and lip trembling. "Harry." he whimpered, running over and wrapping his arms around him.

Harry couldn't move, he wished he could hug and shove the boy away at the same time. Niall sobbed against Harry's dirty chest, fingers tight in his shirt. "I'm so fuckin' sorry!" Niall sobbed, head finding the crook of Harry's neck.

Harry wanted to feel nothing, he wanted to feel numb and cold. A tear slid down his cheek and onto Niall's flat hair.

"I'm sorry! I love you, I'm in love with you! I don' know why I said I didn't, because, I do, I'm so in love with you it hurts." Niall started and Harry tightened against the chains. "I-I was t'inking about how selfish I was! When you told me you loved me, it scared me. I didn't know if I did and I didn't want ta', because I'd have ta' leave my job. Then, I swear, my stupid mind became smart." Niall looked into Harry's dull lifeless eyes, only hurting Niall more. Niall held the sides of Harry's face, crying hard.

"There's only one Harry, and there's millions of jobs!" Niall cried, body shaking as he held Harry into him. "I quit my job, I quit because I love you too...." the blonde screamed into the brunette's chest, collapsing to the floor.

No response. Liam was watching the whole time, heart aching for the two. He noticed something was off, of course. He walked in, unlocking Harry's restraints. "Niall, I think he's in shock." he whispered, lifting the weak curly haired brunette. "I need medical help! Man is in shock!" Liam screamed, taking Harry to the closest infirmary. Niall ran close behind, eyes red and stinging.

Niall watched Liam, sniffling and letting more tears fall with a few silent sobs. He felt everything crumble through his digits, heart pulsing an aching pain. "I'm so sorry! So sorry..." he repeated softly, leaning against the bed Harry was laying on and panting softly to catch his breath.

He calmed down after a bit, before he was calling the police to press charges against the doctor who was abusing his -- Harry. Dr. Styles overheard, walking out and grabbing Niall's shoulder. "You better not file charges if you want you and Harold to live!" he hissed, Niall rolling his eyes and shoving him away.

"I'm pressin' charges, you won't touch me nor Harry! You're a coward!" he yelled, before locking the door that held Niall, Liam and Harry. "He'll be arrested and I'll take him home as soon as we can talk t'is out." Niall whispered, caressing Harry's cold cheek with his fingers. "Has t'e doctor always been t'is way?" he grumbled to Liam.

"Dr. Styles? No, he's only done this with Harry. Maybe it's because they have bad history. They have the same last name, so they must be related?" Liam replied, pulling the covers up Harry's body. Niall's eyes widen. It must've been Harry's dad. He shook his head, staring at Harry.

"I promise, I promise I will make t'is up to you," Niall started, sitting back and shaking his head. "I'll make all the pain vanish, Hazzy." he whispered, biting his lip and letting a few more tears slip. "I promise."

THIS STORY IS SO EMOTIONAL

I love it so much

IT's SO FUN TO WRITE

i hope you all enjoy reading it as much as i love writing it.

edited