twelve

Niall couldn't help but cry at these thoughts, he could've lost his best fucking friend, today. And he couldn't bear living without Harry by his side, he couldn't fathom something as good as what they have, gone because of a stupid fight. Niall's last word's would've been: "I can be what I want, and my hotheaded so called 'best friend' isn't going to stop me!"

The blonde boy found himself crawling into the bed with a sleeping and recovering Harry, nuzzling his side. "I'm so sorry," he whispers, kissing his cheek. Harry lay there, pale and bruised. "I-I'll quit my job one day, just not now," the Irish male whispered, kissing his chin and curling up into him. And Niall was so thankful that Harry couldn't hear this, because he didn't want to fuck him up more than he already was. Because keeping hopes up wasn't what Niall wanted.

Niall couldn't promise him anything. And he wouldn't. He loved what he did and he wouldn't ever want to stop. Even for his best friend. Yeah, it's something Niall isn't proud of, but he needs to keep some parts of his life normal, since Harry had changed so much of it. Not that it was for the worse, but he was scared of the worst. 

All Niall could do was lay there, crying into Harry's hospital robes, wishing he wouldn't be so reckless, wishing things would stay okay. But life isn't a fairy tale. Niall wouldn't ever want someone to go through the things that Harry goes through. Especially Harry.

It's times like these, that Niall wishes he was the one that heard the voices, the one that saw horrid things. Just so he didn't have to see his best friend suffer the pain he does. He knows Harry never should've deserved the pain. He knows that Harry has a beautiful heart, with a gorgeous soul to shine through. 

___________________________

It takes three days. Three days for Harry to be okay enough to go home. Part of Harry didn't want to go home, because this was bound to happen more, and most likely even worse than before. Niall helped Harry into the car, buckling him up and kissing his cheek. Harry gave a faux smile, before watching Niall. 

The fact that he was completely infatuated with a stripper made his life a living hell. He was planning on telling him that he loved him, and he wanted to do it soon. Whenever his confidence was high enough, he promised he would. He was startled when a slam of the door was heard, he didn't realize they were home.

Niall helped Harry out of the car, though Harry tried to convince Niall he was fine -- Niall wasn't such a great listener, he was just taking extra care of his best friend. With a heavy sigh, Harry is set down carefully and then Niall gives a big smile. "I'll go make you some grilled cheese." he nods, jumping up and running off. 

Then a thought occurred in Harry's deep abyss that was his head. "Niall?" he called out, chewing his pale, chapped lower lip. The blonde walked back in, head cocked and brow quirked. "Yeah, Haz?" he asked, walking closer. "Um -- Well -- How do I put this..." Harry pondered his mind a tad longer, before looking up to Niall. 

"Do you feel like I'm too dependent on you? Like you have to watch me like I'm some kid? I know I need professional help, it's just --- " he paused. "It's like you're my medication, my drug, my high, okay? I don't want you to feel like you have to babysit me." Harry whispered, looking to Niall.