twenty one

Niall and Harry seemed to nearly share the same work hours, but they were in two totally different departments. Niall worked with stocking things, Harry worked with the cash register. The blonde had run out for his break, Harry sat at the register, chewing his thumb, deep in thought.

Home didn't feel like it used to. It felt strange. It has been a few weeks now, and he's just began feeling the warmth of falling in love. He's gotten to hold Niall and he was feeling as if everything was falling into place. He hoped things would come back to normal soon. The thought of seeing Niall smile made his chest erupt with a surge of warmth, a smile appearing on his own face.

"Harry, I just bought Tangled!! We could watch it all t'e time now!" Niall squealed, holding the DVD up. Harry chuckled, turning to face the male while shaking his head. "You went to buy a movie over your break time?" he chuckled fondly, leaning against the cash register.

Niall blushed, shrugging. "Yeah, I did. I love t'e movie! I know every line!!" He giggled, Harry smile becomes a little bigger. "I know." he whispered, sighing. "You should get back to work, Mr. Malik might yell at you." Harry whispered, watching the Irish blonde skip off to the back. He chuckled softly, shaking his head slowly.

The two worked their asses off, walking into their house and trudging to the bedroom. "I don't t'ink I'm gonna shower. 'M so...." Niall plopped onto the bed, clothes removed prior to crawling onto the bed. Harry chuckled softly, crawling next to him and wrapping a muscular arm around his figure. "Tired?" the brunette asked softly, chuckling as Niall nodded his head. Harry pecked Niall's forehead, sighing.

"Niall?" his accent was deep and thick, finger tracing the sharp of the blonde's jaw. Their eyes met, Harry slowly licking his lips and pressing his forehead to Niall's. "Would you, ouhm. Want to be my boyfriend? Since y-well, you know." he muttered, holding the slightly larger hand against his chest. The blonde blushed, eyes soft as he bit his lip, nodding quickly.

"Of course I would, 'arry. I was wondering when you'd ask me." Niall admitted, winking as Harry rolled his eyes with a large smile. A smile they hadn't seen in a long while. Niall laid beside Harry, both falling asleep rather quickly, in a good mood.

Harry woke up the next morning, blinking as the spot beside him was empty, leaving him cold. He grunted, stretching his body out and sighing. He got out of bed and walked downstairs, scratching his ink painted chest. He opens the fridge, grabbing the supplies for grilled cheese. He starts making two of them, rubbing his eyes and yawning as Niall descended the staircase.

The blonde scratched his wet hair, yawning loudly. Harry turned to face the other, kissing his hair. "Morning. I'm making grilled cheese." Harry's voice was still heavy with sleep, earning a sigh from the smaller lad. "Good morning." Niall whispered, his voice full of fondness.

Harry licked his lips, face near emotionless today. Niall pouted, kissing his jaw a few times. "Haz, please smile." he whispered, earning Harry's gaze. "I will. Just not now." he grumbled, flipping the sandwich over on the hot pan. Niall frowned, hugging himself close. "Please." Niall begged, fearing he was only slowly advancing back to normal. They both wanted the process to quicken up. But, Harry was still going through the healing phase.

Hell, Niall didn't even know that his dad was hurting him and abusing his mind as well as his body the entire time. Harry coughs, shaking his head to rid the thoughts of his time at the hospital. He wanted to forget, maybe that would make him feel better. "What is wrong?" Niall's lip quivered, grabbing his plate as Harry set his sandwich on it. Harry sighed, chewing his lip and turning the stove off.

"You know how my dad was there, right?"

Niall nods slowly, sitting on the couch, Harry following behind and sitting beside him. Niall set his food down, fingers running through the long brunette locks of Harry.

Clearing his throat, Harry blinked and sighed. "Well, Um. He remembered that I was there before my mum and sister died and apparently, he's still alive. He was my doctor the entire time I was in the institute. And," Harry paused, swallowing thickly as Niall stroked his face, eyes soft and oh so beautiful. He missed looking into them. "He tortured me. Mentally and physically. He told me he left my family to give them a taste of 'reality'. Something I apparently need. How the reality of my tragedy is that you didn't love me and you moved on and my inner demons were never going to go away. They were always going to hover over and make sure I felt the worst pain and stayed weak. How suffering was inevitable. How my pain was laughable." Harry finished, chewing his lip hard; staring at the Christmas tree that still lit up.

Niall's jaw hung open slightly, a tear sliding down his cheek. "I wish I could've changed everyt'ing, Haz. I wish I.." Niall started, before Harry silenced him with his own lips. They stayed this way for a few moments, long moments. Harry broke away first, shaking his head. "It's okay. All that matters is that we're happy now. I'll get over it one day. I just need time. Maybe it'll be forgotten, maybe it'll look like I'm getting better, maybe I won't. But, I love you. And you love me. That makes me so much happier. It's just -- my fucking dad is alive. It's just hard to focus on anything besides that anymore."

Niall could understand this, they were on good terms, so the only reasonable explanation that Harry still was in a funk, was something else that happened in the hell that he was trapped in for almost over a month. He sighed, pressing kisses to Harry's face. "I'm still so sorry. I love you so much, Harry." the blonde sighs, blinking tears from his eyes. Harry chuckled.

"Don't worry, Niall. I guess this was the only way I'd find out he was still alive. It was the reason I found out the truth of my family's death." he whispered, kissing Niall back. Niall nods, pulling away and grabbing the grilled cheese, taking bites.

"Well, we should do something to keep us occupied before work." Harry hummed, leaning back after finishing his sandwich. Niall bit his lip, blushing.

Harry knew exactly what Niall was signaling.

yay everything seems to get better from here i SUPPOSE

tbh i think everything here on is happy.

i'll think about it ;)

edited