end

Valentines Day, 2016

"Niall, are you done in the bathroom yet?" Harry asks, pulling his coat on and chewing his lip. Louis and Liam had everything set up perfectly, tonight was not the night to fuck everything up. Niall's giggle was heard from behind the door, before it sprung wide open. "Yup." he nodded, kissing his lips.

Harry sighed, smiling as his stress deflated. Nervousness gone. Niall seemed to have that effect on him. He walked after Niall, jogging downstairs. "Let's go. Liam and Lou are waiting for us." Harry said, opening the door and walking towards their car. Niall rolled his eyes, snorting. "It's fine, Harry. You're getting all worked up. It's okay." Niall giggled, hopping into the passengers side, buckling up.

The brunette drove to the restaurant, parking and sighing. "See? They just got here." Niall smiled, walking over and pressing a kiss to his cheek. They stood outside of Olive Garden, walking over to Liam's car. The other couple hopped out, and they made their way inside. 

"I hope we get our food fast, I'm starving." Louis muttered, Niall nodding in agreement. They were seated, smiles on all their faces. Their dinner was full of mindless chatter after the check was paid, they headed out to go walk around as they usually did. But Liam got a phone call. Apparently, an important one.

"Oh my god. Louis, Vivian just went into labor." Liam said, phone pressed to his ear. Louis covered his mouth, eyes watering as they looked to the other couple. "Our baby is going to be born." Louis whimpered, lacing fingers with Liam. Niall bounced, eyes wide as he felt his heart swell for the couple.

"Go, go! Oh my, you have to meet her in the hospital!" Niall urged, watching as they gave a thankful look, running to the car. Harry smiled as they sped off. With a sigh, Harry pulled Niall into his chest.

"Let's go. I want to take you somewhere." he whispered, taking Niall's hand as they hopped into their car. The blonde cocked his head, looking to Harry as they backed out of the restaurant parking lot, music softly playing in the car. 

Niall popped a brow when Harry parked at the lake, full confusion written on his face as he actually got out of the car. He gave a confused look, walking over to his boyfriend. "What's going on?" he asked, pouting. "We're going to be romantic. I rented a cute little paddle boat." Harry replied, walking down to the said boat. Niall sighed, walking onto it as Harry pushed it into the water, sliding into it after. 

He was panting as he paddled out, darkness surrounding every inch of the pond. "Harry, it's dark. We're stuck out here." Niall huffed, looking down. Harry rolled his eyes setting the paddles down and grabbing Niall's hands. "Shut up." he laughed, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

The blonde screamed as Harry's hands were moved to his lips, a loud whistle following out. "What tha' fuck, Harry?! Take me home, what are you doing? You're givin' me a --" Niall gasped, freezing up as little lights popped up around the small pond. Niall looked all around him, little lights flickering up. There were so many. Harry whistled again, Niall's eyes filling with tears. The little Chinese lanterns began to float up, lighting up the night sky.