fourteen

The next morning, Harry is woken by Niall's soft giggling. "What's so funny?" Harry's asking with a groggy voice and a blurry gaze. Niall turned to Harry, smiling as the light from his phone illuminated his face up. 

"Look at this funny cat pic." 

Wasn't this just the most adorable way to wake up? Harry thinks so. He squints his eyes to look at the picture, Niall letting more giggles slip past his lips. Harry chuckled, kissing his shoulder.

"Hey, I have work ta'day. You can look go get applications while I work?" Niall whispers, pecking his lips. Harry nodded, smiling. He was too happy to become upset. "Let's go eat some breakfast, yeah?" Harry whispered, smiling. 

Niall nodded. "Don't look, m' nudey." he blushed, covering himself. Harry raised his eyebrows, staring at Niall. He raised a giggle and that was enough for Harry to grin and crawl back onto him. He smirked at the hickeys he left, kissing at each individual one. 

"News flash, kitten. M' nudey too." Harry whispers huskily and Niall's heart flutters as well as his eyes, giggling and blushing. "We're not gonna leave this bed for a few, huh?" he asked. Niall shrugged, leaning up to kiss him softly. "I guess not." Harry grinned on Niall's lip.

After a few sexual favors and a shower, the pair descends from the upstairs, clean and fully clothed. Harry began to make breakfast as Niall turned on a show and started texting his boss. Harry set the table up and poured the both of them some orange juice and tossed the empty container into the recycling trash can. 

"I'll make sure to make a grocery run after I'm done picking up applications, Harry murmurs, placing eggs and waffles onto the two plates. Niall gave a large happy smile in return, he was so excited that Harry was really trying. "And I'm trying to make sure I get good hours so it's not interfering with my time with you." he smiled, handing the blonde a plate. Niall thanked him softly, digging into his food as if he'd hadn't had a meal in years. 

But there's a thought that had been jumping through his brain all morning. What if they didn't allow him to work because of his medical condition? Or they simply just didn't like him enough? "They'll love you, Haz. You've got nothing ta' worry 'bout." Niall interrupted his thoughts, smiling happily. It was like Niall could read his mind. Harry loved it when Niall realized that something was up, even when he wished nobody knew. "Thanks Ni-bear."

Harry quickly ate his breakfast, he wanted to spend all day finding a few places to grab an application. He planned on staying up to perfect his applications and get them back in by the next day. 

The brunette grabbed his keys after cleaning his morning kitchen mess, before walking to Niall to kiss him goodbye. Except, Niall turned his face so he'd get a peck on the cheek, not the lips. With furrowed brows, Harry stood straight and backed up. "Bye, Ni. See you tonight.." he murmured, walking out.  Niall watched him go, sighing and shaking his head. He hopes Harry would learn to be more independent. Only time would tell. 

____________________

Harry had grabbed applications from Chipolte, Marc's, and Walmart so far. He was on his way to go grab one from Aldi's, his favorite food store. He was shopping for more groceries too, which he wouldn't forget. He got home around three o'clock, setting all four applications out on the table. He made sure his handwriting was nice and neat, and he triple checked each application as he went along.