Thirty Three

"I don't want this."

Draven sat across from me, and sighed loudly, more like he was annoyed. "You need to learn how to eat more things."

No I don't. I frowned, my hair dripping onto the tiles still wet. "I don't get why I just can't eat fish."

"Because there will be a shortage of fish from the ocean and tuna cans from the supermarket if you keep this up."

I shook my head not understanding him, "Just try it, how can you know you don't like it if you don't try it."

 I frowned hearing his voice, I didn't like it, I didn't like it one bit. The whole way home he walked far too fast for my legs to catch up, especially after I changed they hurt even more then! I frowned staring at Draven, was he really going to make me eat this.  He was so mean.

I was so hungry!

I looked at the colourful things on my plate, it looked like a yellow seaweed with even more weirdly cut things inside, "What is it?"

"Tacos."

"What?"

"Eat it."

"I don't want to." I looked at Seamore who also stayed on the other side of the plate. Even Seamore didn't want it. I poked it, it was very hard seaweed. I licked my finger, it was tasteless. "No."

"Then you're going to bed come on."

I looked at him, was he really not going to give me fish, "Draven."

"Now, let's go."

I frowned, I should have stayed with father. Father would feed me all the fish I want. I jumped off the stool landing in the small puddle of water around my feet my toes curling and picked up Seamore, fine, I'll jus sneak of later to find more food.

The monster in my stomach wouldn't be quiet which was also annoying. Couldn't he at least feed Seamore?

"Alpha Draven." A voice called as he reached his room. I looked over my shoulder to see one of his men, "We need you downstairs immediately."

Draven groaned rubbing his hand over his face muttering to himself. I leaned closer, "Did you say something?"

He opened the door, "Inside now." 

I threw my hair over my shoulder letting the wet tentacles slap him, he was being very mean since he had his friends over. He closed it beside me and I walked over to the bed putting Seamore on the pillow, "I guess it's just us now Seamore." I told him. I rubbed my belly, "I'll get us yummy fish tomorrow. Wriggling ones, I'll show you what you can do with the scales."

I laid down on the bed rolling in the sheets till I found a more comfortable position. But it would never be as comfortable as the layers and layers of deep water around you as you nestled into the sand. 

I could near noise from downstairs, and I was really curious to what was happening. I turned onto my side, but I also didn't want to walk downstairs and I was pretty sure the mean shark locked the door as well. I looked at the window, maybe I can jump out and go get some fish.

I looked at Seamore, "Should we go?" But he looked and that might just anger the annoying shark even more. I'll just sleep here. I wonder what mother was doing. Was she swimming in the warm water under the stars.

I missed the rocks there, there were so many but here, it was just water. I wonder what that boom was. My nose wrinkled thinking about it. Something about it made my stomach feel like jellyfish and their electric tentacles.

There was an odour from it was well, it was like rotten carcasses. I watched the moonlight seep into the room. I watched the clouds cover the moon, and then unshielded it and repeat it for at least four times before I heard the door open.

I looked over my shoulder even though the scent told me who it was. 

"You're still awake." Draven said as I heard his footsteps come closer. I looked at Seamore, well, at least he was sound asleep.

"Come."

I sat up throwing my still half wet hair over my shoulders and glaring at him, I didn't like him very much right now. He nodded towards the door and I shook my head.

"No." why should I listen to him?

"Thelsea, just come."

He had that look on his face again, that tired look and I sighed. Fine, just this once. I jumped off my bed looking at Seamore once again, should I take him with me? But then he looked really peaceful. He can sleep.

For someone so tired, why wasn't he in bed?

I followed him back downstairs where I could smell something. I casted him a curious look as he took me back to the kitchen. Oh no, not that stupid tacos again.

I was just about to go back upstairs, I would rather not eat than eat those stupid tasteless shells when I saw something else on the table.

"Fish!" I rushed past Draven hopping onto the bar stool as I heard him make that gargling noise I liked a lot.

"Eat up, you shouldn't go to bed on an empty stomach." He handed me that fork again but then pulled it back when he realised my hands were already on the fish.

"Do you want some?" I asked.

He shook his head. Instead he just sat across from me watching. Surely it can't be fun to just watch, it's more fun eating!

"No shortage of fish?" I questioned. 

He raised an eyebrow, "Just eat." 

I shrugged, happily continuing with my feast. Draven alternated between watching me and watching his phone, like he was almost counting down. I finished the last of the fish leaving the bones neatly aside and staring at him. 

Was there more?

When he made no move to get me more I decided maybe one fish was enough for tonight.  I got up putting all the bones in the tray like I saw him do a few days ago and then the plate in the machine. Washing my hands I dried them.

"Let's go sleep now!"

Draven nodded getting up from his chair, he himself looked really tired. I wondered why he looked so tired. 

"This is where you disappeared to."

Draven stiffened and I looked over my shoulder at the new voice, recognising those dark eyes from earlier today and smiled. Draven didn't smile, instead he looked annoyed.

"I thought you were going to bed." 

"I thought you said that too," the voice replied and he looked between me and Draven, and again and again till Darven sighed.

"Hercules this is Thelea and Thelea this is the most annoying person I know....Alpha Ryder." he narrowed his eyes and I looked back at Hercules.

He seemed nice to me as his smile reached his eyes, "And i guess this is your mate..." He said.

I nodded.

Someone's getting a bit sassy. Follow me on Insta! Imsooverpolice or hit me up on FB: N.K. Pockett :) Will try to update soon. xx GUESS WHO MADE A GUEST APPEARANCE WOOT WOOT #smallworld