Fifteen

I stared at them both my teeth sharpening against my skin. I could feel them pressing against the inside of my lip drawing a sweet taste into my mouth. 

"Are your eyes glow in the dark?" Oscar moved closer and James flicked his head, "Leave her alone, stop making her angry,"

James placed an arm on my shoulder making me calm down, I felt something leave my body as I looked at Seamore that was busy clipping at the material on the dress. I diverted my attention to Seamore, watching him as James said something to Oscar who was throwing grass at me.

"Do it again, it was really cool,"

Something behind me shifted and I looked up to see the wolf, my father, get up and walk towards the trees, I watched it disappear into the trees before I looked at James, tilting my head.

"What do you look like?"

"My wolf?"

I nodded, "You saw me in m-,"

"Oh I am amazing," James shouted loudly and I narrowed my eyes, "What?" I asked.  He shot up to his feet dusting some grass of his jeans, "Lets go for a walk why don't we, not safe for you to be sitting down with those legs,"

I nodded and took his hand as he helped me up, Draven standing up too.

"I'll come as well,"

"No you will not," James replied helping me dust the grass off me from where Oscar chucked it. There was even some in my wet hair. I shook my hair out, hoping it would dry soon, but it never did, I was constantly getting it wet.

Of course when you were swimming in the ocean you were always near water, it did surprise me when I first came to the land dwellers my hair was dry. It felt so soft, I wanted to feel that again.

The wind picked up and I smiled, maybe it would go soft again today.

"I will she's my mate, I can come if I want," Draven stood in front of James, both of them glaring at each other.

"Isn't Oscar my mate?" I questioned confused. Both pair of eyes stared at me, one happy while the other was angry, narrowing making me shudder.

"He is not your damn mate,"

"Oh yes I am!" A hand came around me pulling me into a shoulder and I hissed at the contact shoving him off.

"Don't touch her!"

"Calm down all of you," James grabbed my hand pulling me after him, "No need to get your boxers in a knot, we were joking, Oscar, leave,"

Oscar muttered something under his breathe as he stormed off, Draven smiled at me nodding and I tilted my head, he looked younger when he did that. Like a little boy.

I smiled at the thought, I  had seen a little boy once, he was on the beach playing and I was far too close to the land, I frowned, I also got in trouble that day.

"Are you okay?"

I plucked Seamore from my shoulder placing him in my palm as I followed James nodding, mother was furious that day. That wasn't a very nice day.

James was quiet as he walked through the trees and I liked hearing all the other sounds, I could hear some birds and my throat was itchy, I wanted to sing to them. But I didn't want them to hear my terrible voice as well.

If only I sounded like the other siren's.

I sighed stepping over a big tree stick moving Seamore down my arm again, when he went around like that, it felt funny making a weird noise come out of my throat, James called it laughing.