Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I can't believe you didn't like pizza." Draven said as I came out of the water. I leaned against the side edge resting my arms on it as I placed another fish on the already large pile. Stop wriggling you stupid thing.

Just tear it's guts out

"It's yuck." It was all soft and warm, food was meant to be cold. Not gooey. I shuddered, it felt like chewing on an octopuses's tentacle but my teeth were blunt and wouldn't go through. And then it got stuck everywhere.

Draven chuckled leaning back on his arms as he looked up at the sky, "Make sure you catch lots so we can store them."

"But eating them fresh is better." There was a slight pale look in his face, "I like when they try to wriggle." 

He looked at me, his eyes scrutinising me, "Uh, I'm sure they're better fresh but you shouldn't come out here by yourself. So bring enough for a few days and I'll bring you back later."

I nodded as I ducked under the water again. The feel of the warm water against my bare skin was heavenly, I could stay down here forever. I flicked my tail as I went deeper into the water, I wonder if they have caves here like at home.

I better ask Draven, they would be so fun to explore. I wonder what type of creatures would be there. I saw another fish wriggling, but this one was too pretty to eat. Seeing me it swam a bit closer to my tail, not feeling threatened at all.

I looked at the flat head it head, it was quite weirdly shaped.

I leaned over for a better view touching its fin with my small finger, it floated around ducking between my tail strands before it quickly rushed off.

No, where are you going. I went to follow it but it had ducked between a small crack in the rocks. I wonder why I can't fit in there, maybe I have to be even more smaller.

But I liked eating fish too much. 

I looked around the somewhat murky waters, I wonder why it wasn't as clear as it was back home. And the coral looked like it was nearly dying, the poor things. 

I had to fix it.

I flicked my tail wanting to go back to Draven. I poked my head out of the water trying to spot him, he wasn't where he was siting before. Hey! Where were all my fish?

Instead I spotted Luna Jaxon, he was standing around shifting on his feet. I swam up to him, "Luna Jaxon."

The wide eye man turned to look at me clearing his throat, "Uh-h-h-hello Luna." He bowed his head. Was he cold? Why was he dancing around? "Alpha Draven told me to get you cause he had to go get some really important business done."

"Where are my fish?"

"What?"

I pointed to the empty pile, "Did you eat them? Is that why you're so nervous?"

If he eats them I  eat him.

"N-no uh, can we get to the pack house?" he held out something, "I have some clothes for you."

"I don't need clothes." I lifted myself onto the bank sitting, my tail flickering out of the water. I looked up at him, did he look pale as well. Was something wrong? It must be that pee they all ate at dinner. It was disgusting.

"The best way to throw up is to block your ears." I told him. If you took our one sense, the rest were more powerful.

"What?"

"Where is Preston? Do you have a wolf too?"

"Luna can you please change."

I sighed, "Do I have to?"

"Yes." He turned around and I stared at his back placing the clothes next to me, maybe I should take a nap. I stretched my tail even more watching the moonlight reflect off my scales, "Are you done?" I heard a voice nearly forgetting Luna Jaxon was here.

I looked over my shoulder, he was still standing weirdly, oh right. I looked at the clothes frowning.

If I must.

I quickly shifted, the pain of the bones shifting somehow still existed even though mother said it shouldn't. I stood up letting the water drip off me before putting on my clothes. I hated the water that got stuck on my skin and the material, it felt yuck.

"Yes, where is my fish?"

"In the kitchen." Luna Jaxon turned around, his shoulder relaxing, "Come on I need you to get inside now."

"Why."

"Because we have visitors."

"Who?"

Luna Jaxon started walking and I followed him, why was he walking so fast. It was like he was running. I could run faster than him. 

* * * 

"What are you doing?"

I looked up seeing familiar green eyes staring at me and smiled, "Draven!"

He placed something on the counter walking up to the table I was sitting at, "I dropped fish." I said digging through my shirt.

He cleared his throat, and turned to look at Mia who was just sitting there like a statue, and waved a hand in front of her face.

"How can she eat so much and be so skinny, she went through seven fish already. Fuck Draven your mate eats so much."

I looked up, were they talking about me. I found the piece of fish popping it into my mouth and straighten my shirt before looking at the fish on my plate. I used my finger to pull the bones out, all in tact throwing it on the pile.

"We need to get her to de-bone stuff from now on, look at that so skilful." Mia muttered resting her chin on a face, "Want some?" I offered her some fish.

She wrinkled her nose, "God no." but she was looking at it like she wants it.

"Can I go now? I don't get why we need to babysit her. She's not a baby."

"Yeah go." Draven waved a hand letting her run off taking her seat. I offered him some.

"I already ate thank you."

"Are you sure you ate."

He nodded staring at the fish, "Yeah, do you eat the eyes as well?"

"Ew no, don't be so disgusting." of course I did not eat the poor thing's eyes. Draven laughed leaning back in his chair his eyes closing briefly and I stared at his long coral like eyelashes. He was so pretty.

I placed my fish down to look at him but then I got hungry and decided to eat it. "Where did you go?" I asked him.

His eyes opened, "I had a meeting. Do you want another fish?" he asked.

I shook my head placing the bones neatly, I had categorised them into the different parts of the fish. I looked at my masterpiece smiling, "I'm fully. I'll eat the rest in a few minutes." 

Draven chuckled, the sound was so pretty, like waves against rocks, "Alright, come on let's go  upstairs."

There was a loud scream and we both looked at each other and Draven got up rushing. Should I follow?

I got up out of my chair slowly going in the direction he went, the kitchen.

I looked up, "Why is there all this in the freezer stacked till there is no space!" A high pitched voice asked, her hand holding the door and I frowned seeing all the fish on the ground. Aw, my babies.

I looked up, why did she open it then?

Instagram: Imsooverpolice (Come follow me)

Add me on facebook cause I lonely. Link in comments