Chapter 35

Guys, there are currently three completed novels sitting in my works, another complete wolf story (summary of all at the bottom). If you haven't read the others, i urge you to do it now while they are 100% up and 100% free. I am thinking of getting them published with the same agency again (or self published) later this year. (comment if you would buy and support me. Thinking of self P as I have been majorly ripped off with my other 3 novel)

"I have work again." Draven said.

I looked up from the bed as he walked back into the room in a new outfit. His hair wet from the shower, they looked like little corals sticking up. 

"Can I come?" I asked

Draven shook his head, making the coral hair move with him, just like they would under the water. "Probably best you stay here."

I leaned against the bed rest looking at Seamore who was busy trying to have a war with the blankets. "I want to come." I persisted.

Draven walked towards the best, leaning over and patted my head. I wrinkled my nose, I didn't like people touching my hair.

"I'll take you to the lake tonight alright?"

He didn't answer my question.

"Try to...stay out of trouble."

I nodded. That was going to be easy, I was never in trouble! 

I waited till he left before I looked out the window, his room was pretty high up so it was a nice view. I wonder how high up we were from the ocean bed and how far it would take for me to swim down to the bottom.

I turned around looking at the other trees when I saw Lun-no Jaxon, just Jaxon in the distance. He was walking with something in his hand and he was walking very fast looking left to right.

Is he ok?

He quickly disappeared into the trees and I sighed, what was I going to do now, no one left to look at. I left Seamore to battle with the bed sheet and opened the door, heading downstairs. It was very silent here, if I concentrated hard enough I could have heard the wind outside.

I quietly walked downstairs, I had the house to myself. I walked slowly around the big place, to the nearest door, slipping outside into the cold air.

My hair blew around my shoulders, keeping me warm as I headed towards the way I saw Jaxon disappear. Was he going to the lake? Maybe I should go see if he was okay. 

As I was walking I looked over my shoulder, for some reason I felt like there was someone there but all I saw was empty land. I was just imagining things. I raced my legs to go as fast as these human ones could to follow Jaxon, I seem to have lost him.

I was soon surrounded my thick trees, with sharp leafless branches that sometimes scratched me. They weren't as gentle as the corals. 

"Stupid land trees." the trees underwater were far more gentle. I avoided getting pricked by the trees as I went deeper into the woods. I could hear something in the distance, it didn't sound like anyone I knew. 

Was it more wolves I can play with? Maybe if they were nice, I could even share my fish with them.

I walked towards the noise, I should have brought Seamore, he would have liked to meet more wolves. He liked playing with their tails, it was nice and busy.

The trees seemed to get ever thicker and it was hard to walk past them without the branches stinging me.

I looked at my arm where there were a few scratches. I'm going to ask Draven to pluck all these branches off, very annoying. After all apparently it was his land and he wasn't keeping it in good order.