Thirty Four

"Brilliant introduction."

Draven did that funny things with his eyes, the rolling and I stared. I wanted to do that, I have to ask him to teach me.

"Whatever, I am going to bed now."

"But I just met your mate."

"And I haven't met yours, so you're one up. Go to sleep Hercules." Draven wrapped an arm over my shoulder, which was weird, it was heavy making me turn around with him and pushed me towards the stairs. 

I looked over my shoulder looking at the new man who stared back at me smiling. I waved.

"Go up." Draven persisted. He was like he just ate a rotten fish. What was wrong with him?

But he did give me a fish so I hurried up the stair as fast as my legs could take me and went into the room. The room was starting to bore me. It was the same look every day. It wasn't even that warm in the room.

I placed Seamore on the bedside cabinet rock and sat on the bed. "What are we doing now?"

"Sleeping."

"Already? But I just ate. I want to go for a swim!"

Draven shook his head, "Thelea. Please just sleep."

I frowned but then I saw his face. He looked even more sadder. I frowned, what was wrong with him. If he upset cause I didn't eat his yucky tahcays?

I looked at Seamore who had gone to the lamp resting under the light. Poor Seamore, I bet he was missing his sunbathing rock at home and the warm sun.

Draven placed the blankets on the ground again setting up.

"You can sleep up here if you want."

Draven looked up.

"It's fine."

"No sleep up here, I'll go down there."

"Thelea you just go to bed alright?"

I stood up, "You here me there!" 

Draven looked at me, his eyes slightly large and nodded "Ok."

I took the fluffy blanket, I wanted the blanket though, it felt like coral. I sat on the ground wrapping it around me as he slept on the bed. 

He must be really tired because as soon as he put his head on the hard rock he was out. I stretched my legs wriggling my toes, my legs were incredibly itchy. I leaned down scratching them, they looked like they were peeling.

I leaned in closer, "Draven?"

There was no response.

"Draven wake up."

He was still asleep. Should I poke him?

But he looked so tired. I looked at Seamore, also resting under the lamp. I didn't want to wake him up.

So instead I snuck out the door and down the stairs and out the front. They won't know. I'll be back really quick. I was also very thirsty. 

I walked down the familiar path, even in the dark I knew how to recognise it. It was windy and cold outside and I wished I brought what Draven was wearing before, it looked so warm. I hurried down the path, wincing when something sharp dug into my foot.

A rock.

Stupid rock.

When I saw the lake I got really excited, I felt like I hadn't been here in a long time.