Eight

Sorry for the late upate, forgive moi

Ignore typo im actually half drunk updating this so yea.

I looked at his wide eyes.

"Damn it hide,"

I ducked under water near the bank, I could still see him clear as day. For some reason he stiffened half his body on the land like he was talking to someone. And for some reason the water started to seem warmer, like it was boiling making me want to get out

I moved as slowly as I could backwards trying not to move the water too much. From outside the water should be too murky to see me.

I saw my brother look at the spot I was before, he thought I was still there. Good.

I turned around softly going deeper into the water so I wouldn't move the water and swam towards the other side. Why did he tell me to hide?

Pushing it to the back of my mind I smiled feeling the familiar relaxing feeling as all my limbs stretched. I swan out the further end of the lake looking around.

Something moved against me and I froze my heart skipping a beat. I spun around and nearly laughed when I saw it. A fish.

It swam away and I followed it my hunting skills coming into effect. I didn't even need to think twice as I followed it absent minded.

Not to mention I was much faster than it circling around it. I grabbed it by my teeth when I heard a loud shriek. I looked up coming out of the water too see James looking around.

I ducked back under water swimming up to him and nudging my tail around his legs making him yelp. I came out trying not to laugh as the fish would drop out and tapped his shoulder.

"Damn it where did you g-FU*K" he swore taking a leap backwards in the water. I tilted my head looking at him.

"You have a-" he said motioning to my mouth. I took the fish out and held it out, "Do you want it?"

He cringed and I looked at the fish, there was nothing wrong with it.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you,"

"Offend me?" I asked flapping my tail around. He shook his head running a hand through his hair, "Can you eat that?"

I nodded, of course we could. But for some reason he looked disgusted and I dropped the fish back into the water. He was disgusted at me. 

First he wanted me to hide and now he was giving me a look that made me disappointed in my self.

"Sorry," I whispered turning around. I wasn't anything like them, I was so different. 

"No Thel-,"

I ducked back under water closing my eyes and letting my tail guide me around. Maybe mother was right, this world wasn't for me. It was so different and I didn't know how to behave. I knew nothing about this world!

I swam to a rock and lifted myself onto it looking out. I hadn't realized how far I had swam until I could see the bank as a small line in the horizon. The sun was still warm against my skin and I flapped my tail out liking the way the sun reflected on it.

I was different in both worlds.

I watched a yellow fish swim towards me and I held onto the rock harder ignoring my instincts to catch it. Maybe humans didn't eat fish. I lied against the rock closing my eyes smiling at the salty breeze that was touching me. I could just sleep like this.

That hurt. It hurt a lot. I looked down to see a crab clinging onto my tail and winced. I reached down trying to pry it off me but not being able to see properly.